Vorpx configuration app won't open

Homepage Forums Technical Support Vorpx configuration app won't open

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Wesleypipes77
    Participant

I just reinstalled Vorpx and the configuration app will not start, I click to open and then nothing happens, it’s not showing up in the task manager at all so it doesn’t seem to be running in the background but not displaying, it just doesn’t open at all. I have uninstalled & reinstalled Vorpx, cleaned registry errors, de-activated AV etc.. I just reformatted my PC so everything is fresh & clean, I’m having no issues with any other programs. Not sure what’s going on here?

Ralf
    Keymaster

If you are using anything else than Windows Defender, please try to completely uninstall your AV program for testing purposes (WWindows Defender will kick in instead). Some particularly invasive third party AV programs make it really hard for their users to disable them, so they might still do something while you think you switched them off.

Wesleypipes77
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. Windows Defender was all I had running. I haven’t installed a third party AV yet since reformatting. I’ve been through the reformat & reinstall process quite a few times before and I’m not doing anything differently this time as far as the programs I have installed etc. it’s all setup the same as any time before when Vorpx worked fine and I’ve never ran into this problem before so it seems like the issue might be with Vorpx itself. I could be wrong but that seems to be the most logical explanation, I notice there has been a very recent update to the program do you think there may be an issue with the latest version? That’s really the only thing to my knowledge that is different this time compared to any previous working installations.
    **** I checked the pinned post as well & the only thing I saw that may have applied was Geforce Experience. I always had Geforce experience installed before as well and it never caused a problem but I disabled it to confirm but that didn’t help either.****

Wesleypipes77
    Participant

Ignore that last comment I went to edit it out but it was too late. I missed at first, Geforce experience might only cause issues with the hooking process but I can’t get to that point yet.

Wesleypipes77
    Participant

Is it possible that the config doesn’t open because I haven’t entered a registration key yet? It’s been awhile since I last installed and I don’t remember if I had registered before using the config app with previous installations. I didn’t want to waste using a key yet because I know from previous experience that I’ll probably be told I can’t have another key because I’ve used one too recently so that’s a scenario I was definitely trying to avoid.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Yep, that’s probably it. The config app only works if vorpX is activated.

Wesleypipes77
    Participant

Ahh ok, simple fix then.
    Thank you

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!