vorpX could not initialize your Oculus Rift. It reported:

Homepage Forums Technical Support vorpX could not initialize your Oculus Rift. It reported:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Taylorjay47
    Participant

Any time I try to load any game with vorpX running and waiting, this message appears.

“vorpX could not initialize your Oculus Rift. It reported:”

There is no report and nothing to go on. In most cases I have to ctrl-alt-delete out of the game.

Please let me know what information I need to give so that we can get this working!

Thanks!

hc3490
    Participant

Do you have the correct device selected under general settings in the config? There are 3 to choose from: Oculus CV1, Oculus DK2, and the HTC Vive.

Taylorjay47
    Participant

Yep!

Device Selection:
    Oculus Rift Devkit 2

Zen
    Participant

I seem to be experiencing the same issue, with either the correct or incorrect devices selected. I’ve confirmed this machine is up to the 1.3 runtime, and have reinstalled both the runtime and vorpX. Is there any further information I can provide to help debug this problem?

Ralf
    Keymaster

If you didn’t do that already, please reboot your PC. Just in case the Oculus runtime is in use, blocked or something similar.

Apart from that please check your PC for possible injection conflicts. The trouble shooting guide in the help lists what to look out for.

If you can’t solve the issue by going through the trougle shooting guide, please create a trouble shoot data archive in the vorpX config app and send that to support |at| vorpx com. This archive contains a logfile and some information about you system which might help to identify a possible problem.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!