vorpx could not initialize your Oculus Rift.

Homepage Forums Technical Support vorpx could not initialize your Oculus Rift.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    nikkibraiam
    Participant

please help,

I have not been able to resolve this error ” Could not initialize your vorpx Oculus Rift . ” if someone step will help with the solution ..

Thank you

Ralf
    Keymaster

This is very likely caused by a wrong Oculus runtime version. Please

1. Make sure that you have the latest Oculus software installed: http://www.oculus.com/setup

2. Make sure that there are no leftovers from any beta runtime that you might have had installed (0.8 or earlier). Do not use a runtime switcher.

The latest Oculus software requires a Rift DK2 or CV1. If you are still using a DK1, please contact support |at| vorpx com.

Dayn
    Participant

Hello. ☺

Well I,m just trying to get my first game on working on Vive with VorpX.
    Skyrim…. the main reason I wanted a HMD. Anyhoo.

I have run into 2 problems.

I keep getting this message “vorpx could not initialize your Oculus Rift. it reported.”

But I dont own an oculus. (Never have). I have a Vive.

And also its saying it will run Skyrim in both HMD and monitor, and says “This may not run acceptable.” or words like that.

Help please Ralf, your my only hope.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please select “HTC Vive” in the device selection box of the vorpX config app (main page).

The Steam message you see can be safely ignored. Steam isn’t aware of vorpX running and thus shows its usual message that is always displayed when you open a non-VR game while SteamVR is active.

A general hint: if you didn’t do so already, please read the Essential Hints Guide in the vorpX help. It contains very! important infos that help you to get started.

Dayn
    Participant

Hey Ralf, thanks for the reply.

I did look at the VorpX settings before, and will be having a good read through in a little.

There were 3 issues. With your help, 2 are solved.
    1, Vive is now chosen.
    2, I will ignore the “run Skyrim in both HMD and monitor” popup.

But I cannot got into Skyrim because it keeps saying..
    ““Failed to initialize renderer.
    Unknown error creating the renderer.”

I have set the Vive extended desktop.
    And set the Vive to primary display.
    I have also gone into VorpX and in the profile for Skyrim, have ticked use 1280×1024 resolution.
    I still get the render error popup.
    I have also then, gone into Skyrim startup options and selected 1080×1920. Still the popup.
    I even tried flipping the landscape screen, (I read a post somewhere saying something about this.) But all that did was turn my Vive environment upside down.

Any help please.

And sorry for all the questions, but Skyrim is THE game I want to work.
    And this is also great learning for other games.

Thanks Ralf.

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX only works in direct mode, extended mode pretty much is a thing of the past. I’m a bit surprised even that it is still available in SteamVR.

Dayn
    Participant

Well with the help of your good self, and your FAQ on why games wont start.
    I finally got it working.

Thanks Ralf.

Awesome program.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!