Vorpx Demo????

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Vorpx Demo????

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    feathers632
    Participant

I’d like to try out Vorpx and see what it does for my games. There is no sign of a demo download. I gather there used to be a demo after I read someone’s request for refund on the forum back in 2013. Raplh told him he should have tried the demo first…

Well that’s what I’d like to do. Try the demo. I am already very clear on the policy here of non-refund. Thus a demo seems perfectly reasonable…

Karlor
    Participant

Stop stalling and buy it ! :) Its only $40.. Rift cost $300+.. pc $1000+… Games are $60 a pop… buying a great program, and the only program, that let’s you use all those together for only $40 seems like a good deal to me… just do it lol

feathers632
    Participant

Stop stalling and buy it ! :) Its only $40.. Rift cost $300+.. pc $1000+… Games are $60 a pop… buying a great program, and the only program, that let’s you use all those together for only $40 seems like a good deal to me… just do it lol

I’m just concerned about wasting money if it doesn’t work for me. I persuaded a friend to buy it last year when he bought his DK2. He hasn’t had any luck getting it working with his games. I very rarely pay full price for a game anyway. GTA V is currently on sale below the price of vorpx. A demo would have been a great way to test it out before spending.

Karlor
    Participant

Yeah some people have trouble getting over the learning curve. But really if a dude like me can mess around and get it then anybody can lol it takes some time but man its worth it. If
    your half smart about computers you should be able to hit the ground running. I’m not trying to sell vorpx lol it just works so good and will make your dk2 worth having. It did for me lol

feathers632
    Participant

Ralph should hire you. So what have u been playing through it and have you installed the 0.9 vorpx yet?

Karlor
    Participant

I had some trouble getting vorpX .9 going but not from vorpx it was nvidea. I had to do a try a few updates before I got it all ironed out. That and the oculus updates I had to juggle around some…

That being said some of my personal favorites with vorpx are:
    Skyrim (If you like Skyrim wait till your in it)

Fallout NV (Same as Skyrim, if your a fan, this is amazing)

Dishonored (Great stealth game and has great combat and atmosphere)

Dying Light (Scary. Bring under pants.)

Alien Isolation (Scarier, mod your chair to hold a bed pan under it)

Bioshock Infinite (This game is so beautiful in the rift my eyes cant take it, great combat, story, amazing game)

GTA V (What is there to say, its VR GTA V lol, a lot of fun)

All have G3D except for GTA V. All that means is it has a “better” 3D appearance(although much more demanding). The reason g3D is great is because you can use positional tracking, leaning in and out and all that. Making for a really fun new way to play all your favorite games.

As far as cheer leading for vorpX, its the internet. People like to shit on stuff constantly. VR is one of those things that needs to be done right or you hate it. People who hate stuff are the loudest and sometimes its damaging to the idea as a whole. Honestly Oculus should of had something like vorpX included or working on at least.. So when people pile hate on poor Ralf I just think why not point that at Oculus for more or less having there heads up there bums about certain things lol Anyway really, hand to god, vorpX works and is the main ingredient to a happy healthy vr life lol

– Papa Jon

feathers632
    Participant

Great points! I bought Dying Light a few weeks ago. Dishonored I played quite far through but would like to complete with Oculus now I have it (have only had DK2 for about 2.5 weeks). Alien Isolation also have but only played about 6 hours so far non-VR. Bioshock infinite I agree would be great. GTA V I don’t own yet. It’s currently on sale for at half price at greenmangaming. I agree Oculus should have had something like Vorpx or contacted Ralph to work with him? Seems counter-productive their lack of interest. I think Palmer is so focused on getting a new generation of VR games with menus and text VR compatible from the ground up. I think Elite Dangerous is a good example there… the menus are 3d and float in front of you.

Thanks for your advice!

Karlor
    Participant

Yeah I get what Lucky is going for, but hes really banking on a best case scenario. Some of what hes said about not being able to just modify existing games to fit into VR is true.. Most of it is crap though.

VorpX basically proves that point lol Im all for new cool games built for just VR but when put side by side with AAA titles they so far are slim pickins. I think they should push current developers to do a VR update for current and previously released titles. Increased FOV options, some camera modifications so it doesn’t take control away from your head and such, add a body so when you look down its not just blank, and change up the HUD/UI and bam your 4-15 year old title has “native” support and is indistinguishable from purpose built VR games..

Alien Isolation is a lot funner in the rift. I love Alien and all that but I could see it being kinda boring without VR. Like a lot boring actually.. With VR its fun just to stand and stair at a mattress in its own weird way so all the boring times aren’t as noticeable when your in it lol

feathers632
    Participant

There’s a lot of disinterest among bigger game developers. Bohemia Interactive seem to have little interest (told me a few days ago on twitter they have no plans to update Arma 3 for VR). I suspect many developers are hoping VR fails so they don’t have to develop for it. So many developers got hold of the rift and so often they either left it sitting around or just toyed with it rather than making any real commitment. Things should improve when CV1 comes. It’s good that Ralph is demonstrating existing games can be used in VR via vorpx.

BigPickles
    Participant

iv had my dk2 for about 6 months and vorpx was purchased about 3 days after i got the dk2 and it was worth every penny with all new tec that is still being worked on you have to tinker and ask for help when all avenues are exhausted but once you get it working its even more enjoyable vorpx is well worth the money

feathers632
    Participant

Sounds good. I’ve just looked up a youtube video of vorpx 0.9 with GTA V. He’s playing the game in virtual cinema mode. That wouldn’t suit me at all. Virtual cinema great for watching movies though. Seems there are issues at the moment with GTA V and vorpx .9? I mean if u want to run it directly in stereoscopic 3d. It’s not too much of an issue since I don’t actually own GTA V yet but since it’s on the list of compatible games one would reasonably expect it to work in full 3d. I must say I have no interest in playing any games in 2d with Oculus. I know some people are because I’ve read comments here and there. I have zero interest if it’s not in stereoscopic 3d on Oculus.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!