VorpX Desktop black screen with cursor trails

Homepage Forums Technical Support VorpX Desktop black screen with cursor trails

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    lipplog
    Participant

When I load up the VorpX desktop viewer in my DK2, I get the simulated livingroom, but the screen is totally black, and moving the mouse cursor creates a permanent trail of cursors. Everything else about VorpX works perfectly.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Are you by any chance using multiple monitors? Multi monitor support for the desktop viewer is virtually non-existing at the moment. It’s on the list, but not a top priority ATM.

lipplog
    Participant

Does a DK2 and one regular display count as multiple monitors?

Ralf
    Keymaster

No, that should work. Are both the Rift and the monitor connected to the same graphics card? That can be an issue with SLI systems.

lipplog
    Participant

They’re both connected to one 780ti. I did just update the Nvidia driver. Maybe it messed with the control panel settings?

Ralf
    Keymaster

The screen capturing should be independent from any graphics driver setting, but if possible going back to an earlier system restore point might be worth a try. Just to make sure the issue wasn’t caused by the driver update.

jravida
    Participant

I have the same problem. CV1 with an Asus ROG WS71. Secondary graphics card goes to my hdtv. Inside the Rift I can paint mouse trails on a black screen.

lipplog
    Participant

I figured it out. I still had my regular monitor set to the super low resolution of 1024×768, so I could raise the hz from 60 to 75. When I reset the monitor to 1360×768, the VorpX desktop appeared. Can anyone confirm if Oculus runtime 1.3 still requires the regular display to match the hz of the Rift display? Or is it just for mirrored apps like VorpX desktop?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Monitor refresh rate doesn’t matter at all normally. Unless you display the original game rendering on the monitor, vorpX handles that by itself. You can safely use a 60Hz resolution for your desktop.

lipplog
    Participant

Thanks, Ralf!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!