vorpX Desktop Viewer BSOD with fresh Win10 and DK2

Homepage Forums Technical Support vorpX Desktop Viewer BSOD with fresh Win10 and DK2

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    gmgllc
    Participant

I have a fresh install of Windows 10, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 w/ drivers 359.06, Intel 2.8GHz proc, 12GB RAM, and DK2 running SDK 0.8.0.0.

The vorpX software seems to have installed correctly and appears to load.

When I launch the Desktop Viewer I got the BSOD with an error for dxgmms2.sys.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Didn’t hear of that before in regard to vorpX, but it seems to be an unfortunate general issue with Win 10 for some. Googling for “dxgmms2.sys” yields nothing but reports of this Win 10 issue on the first page (unrelated to vorpX). Might be worth to check these out, maybe there is a solution that can help you.

gmgllc
    Participant

Thanks Ralf. Yes, I did a quick Bing search and found a number of reports specific to dxgmms2.sys but none of the solutions were relevant to my situation. Since I have a fresh install of Windows 10 maybe it there are updates pending that will fix it.

I will keep troubleshooting over the next few days and post back what ends up getting it to work.

gmgllc
    Participant

Alright, I got it working and here is how.

I installed the “Virtual Desktop” from the Oculus Share site, https://share.oculus.com/app/virtual-desktop.

If I have “Virtual Desktop” running and launch “Desktop Viewer” for vorpX it works. If I am not running “Virtual Desktop” and launch “Desktop Viewer” I still get the same BSOD. I thought that maybe when I installed Virtual Desktop (VD) something was installed that would have made vorpX work but that was not the case. It is only when VD is running that I can run the Desktop Viewer.

I tried streaming my Xbox One via “Desktop Viewer” and the experience wasnt much different than playing on my monitor.

I am guessing I need to try some games via Steam to see what vorpX is doing differently than VD.

Ralf
    Keymaster

VorpX adds head tracking, stereo 3d, the ability to adjust the FOV to something VR compatible and a lot more to supported games. There is no real comparison between a fully supported game and streaming a game to the desktop viewer. Try something like Skyrim, which can be easily tweaked to provide an almost native experience, and you won’t ask yourself anymore what’s the difference.

theskyisthelimit99
    Participant

Can the vorpx desktop viewer be used for xbox one emulation or does it need the steam virtual desktop for some reason?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!