Vorpx Desktop viewer “jittering” with programs like photoshop

Homepage Forums Technical Support Vorpx Desktop viewer “jittering” with programs like photoshop

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    reter
    Participant

Hello, i’m using vorpx desktop with photoshop in immersion mode but somehow when i hold the left click mouse for paiting or using other stuff when i try to look around with the headset it gets a lot of jittering as if is trying to recenter the headtracking, i also tried to disable the headtracking but doesn’t work with vorpx desktop i think, any ideas?

If i try to hold left mouse click in other apps or in windows desktop it works fine, it is photoshop that does this (it does in windows photo viewer too); i tried virtual desktop and photoshop works fine but i wanna use vorpx because is better and more versatile

ToxicMike
    Participant

I got curious and tried the exact same, but everything works flawless here. Held left button clicked, drawed things and moved my head, everything right.

R u sure you set the head-tracking off?

I am not that much of a tech guy but probably try to activate headtracking but set the head tracking slider to zero, that´s what i did at the beginning when i wasn´t aware of the option to completely disable headtracking, it always worked.

At second you could try to make vorpX hook on photoshop, but you have to delete it from the excluded-list since i remember a “photoshop” entry being there.

Edit: You actually should always make vorpX hook to programs, i made the mistake to mostly use the desktop feature for immersive screen modes, that can cause certain troubles with certain programs, like stuttering, which doesn´t happen when vorpX is hooked.

reter
    Participant

I tried to hook photoshop but for some reason it is stuck at the screen of opening photoshop with vorpx, you told everything is fine flr you, have you used the desktop viewer or the hooking function with photoshop?

i’ll give a try tomorrow

Ralf
    Keymaster

The desktop viewer should also work fine for Photoshop, at least as far as I can tell. Incidentally I did some fairly intense Photoshop testing when I implemented the hardware cursor capturing recently. Didn’t encounter anything unusual with it other than that brushes are technically Windows cursors, making it create large amounts of insanely huge cursors (which is why it needed special attention).

Caveat: I only checked an older version, stopped upgrading when Adobe went rental only a few years ago. So, I’m not 100% sure whether maybe something has changed since then that would affect vorpX.

Totally unrelated sidenote:

While I have to admit that currently I still do most of image editing with PS – old habits die hard – I bought an Affinity Photo license a while ago out of curiosity. Can fullheartedly recommend that to anyone in search of a no-nonsense image editor and painting application. Although dirt cheap (they probably make more money with an asset store than with the software itself) in a fairly fundamental way it’s even better than Photoshop due to its largely non-destructive effects approach that e.g. let’s you draw below a blur effect with your changes getting affected by the blur above in real-time. Similar to how video compositing applications work in that respect and way more intuitive than using Photoshop’s ‘smart’ objects for similar purposes.

I’m slowly migrating over from PS, so when in a few years my trusty Creative Suite finally gets too old, that’s where I will end up image editor wise.

ToxicMike
    Participant

I tried to hook photoshop but for some reason it is stuck at the screen of opening photoshop with vorpx,

I guess you (as well as myself and many others, as far as i noticed in some threads) are talkin about the vorpX screen being stuck? Well you have to wait for that window to turn into an option-menu-window, where you can click “install hook-helper”, that window could also be blocked by the application window, so you have to look for it.

vorpX never stuck on me yet while loading, the window just takes some time to change, you have to be patient, most users close the app coz they think it is stuck or close it without realizing it has already changed into the menu-window.

you told everything is fine flr you, have you used the desktop viewer or the hooking function with photoshop?

It was flawlessly working in desktop-mode so i wasn´t even trying with hooking, besides that i only use vorpX to play games, never with photoshop or other programs, but i checked the excluded list, there is definitely an entry called “photoshop”, you gotta delete that and then vorpX should hook and probably it works then coz as i said…in some cases, i had better results with vorpX being hooked, than in desktop-mode, but i am talkin games here, no other apps.

The desktop viewer should also work fine for Photoshop, at least as far as I can tell.

Despite it probably shouldn´t cause trouble with Photoshop, a very few games did stutter on vorpX desktop-viewer mode but it was all gone when i made it hook, i also remember TRINE 4 causing lots of stuttering, but it ran fine with other users, but honestly that was some time ago when i was too new to vorpX and wasn´t even hooking but using vorpX desktop-viewer ONLY, i gotta try that one again but with hooking.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Games are always played better with vorpX hooked. Photoshop works fine with the desktop viewer though. Like said above I spent a fair bit of time with it recently using the desktop viewer. I’m just not 100% sure whether maybe newer versions may include changes that affect vorpX since my last one is a few years old.

Rule of thumb: hooking for games, desktop viewer for desktop applications.

ToxicMike
    Participant

@ peter: The problem could probably be mouse-related, so it probably wouldn´t hurt to try another mouse and probably as well de-installing moues-drivers and then do a fresh install.

I just remember there was a game running fine with most other users but jittering on my system when i played it with mouse, when i switched to xbox controller, the jittering was gone.

I’m just not 100% sure whether maybe newer versions may include changes that affect vorpX since my last one is a few years old.

Doesn´t seem to be the case since i tried vorpX with a 2021 Photoshop-Version!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!