Vorpx Desktop Viewer not working with Oculus (Please Help!!)

Homepage Forums Technical Support Vorpx Desktop Viewer not working with Oculus (Please Help!!)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    legaiaflame2
    Participant

When I go to open the Vorpx Desktop Viewer It constantly tries to load within the Oculus home. Also I can see the icon on my desktop flickering down below. When I hover the arrow over it I see that it tried to open or load it like a dozen times, with multiples of the program open.

I also get an error message saying:

Error: failed to create window swapchain with
    0X80070005

Can anyone help me? Why is it doing this? I already tried to uninstall and reinstall the entire Vorpx software a few times now…

Ralf
    Keymaster

Are you trying to run the desktop viewer from the Oculus Home desktop? that probably would not work. If so, try to run it directly from your monitor without the Oculus Home desktop being active.

Just in case: also check whether you have the most recent vorpX version. It’s displayed in the config app (bottom left corner). Should show 18.2.5. There was an incompatibility with Oculus 2.0 earlier this year that lead to precisely this error, but that has been addresses since then.

legaiaflame2
    Participant

Vorpx is up to date and I tried running it from my desktop without oculus home. Still no luck.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Should not be an issue, but if you use multiple monitors, try to disable any extra monitor.

if you have a multi-GPU setup, make sure that both the headset and the monitor are plugged into the same GPU.

If you use a laptop, make sure that the internal CPU graphics is disabled. Otherwise the Windows desktop would run on the internal CPU graphics while the headset runs on the dedicated GPU. vorpX cannot copy from to the other GPU.

legaiaflame2
    Participant

How do I disable the internal CPU graphics? Can I do it from my NVidia control panel?

legaiaflame2
    Participant

Can anyone else help? I was still never able to resolve this issue…I don’t have multiple monitors I’m just running off of my laptop with Nvidia graphics. Everything else works fine except Vorpx Desktop viewer…

Ralf
    Keymaster

There isn’t really anything that can be done is this respect other than making sure that the desktop runs on the same GPU that your headset is connected to. On a desktop PC that is the case normally, but on a gaming laptop you will have to disable the integrated GPU since usually the desktop does not run on the dedicated gaming GPU.

How (or whether) that can be done depends on your laptop. There may either be dedicated tool for that, an option in the GPU driver control panel or if none of that exists an option in the BIOS. In the worst case there may be no option at all.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!