Vorpx Desktop Viewer start with windows

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Vorpx Desktop Viewer start with windows

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kurry
    Participant

Is there anyway to make the Desktop Viewer start with windows start up?
    I would love to be able to just put on the headset and have it launch without having
    to manually start it.
    Thanks

Smoils
    Participant

Its like any other software, just google how to run it on windows startup, there are several ways and google will explain it better than me.

Only question is doe desktop viewer start steamvr automatically and you might have issues if you try to run vorpx as admin as microsoft has made it all very clumsy for security reasons – some software doesnt autostart with some methids because of rights and whatsnot.

Start by googling something like “start program on windows startup” and see if you get it working first try, if not come back here and ask for more help. And remember – you still need a monitor plugged to view desktop in vr.

kurry
    Participant

Thanks, don’t know why I didn’t think of that! LOL

Ogrescar
    Participant

It can be done if you really want to, but you’d have to start the headset service – for me that’s the oculus client. Then you would then have to start vorpx because the desktop viewer won’t run without it. Finally, you would have to start the desktop viewer. In between those steps you’d have to insert delays to wait for each of the apps to initialize. If you want to start vorpx as admin you’d have to setup a user account to do so and store the password in the task scheduler or whatever you decide to use.

tldr – It would be a lot of work.

kurry
    Participant

Hi Ralf,
    Would it be possible to create an easier way for vorpx desktop to start automatically?
    I only use Vorpx, so its annoying to have to charge my Touch controllers in order to launch
    Oculus desktop, so I can launch Vorpx from there LOL

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!