Vorpx DK2 troubleshooting

Homepage Forums Technical Support Vorpx DK2 troubleshooting

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    clonesaur
    Participant

I’ve searched the forums have found many problems relatively close to mine. I’ve done everything.. set to extended tried making it the main screen etc. When it’s in extended mode all I can see is my desktop can’t look around or anything.. which is fine thinking it would run once the game begins.. wrong when the game starts I have position tracking on my monitor but the DK2 still only shows my desktop. I’ve tried this for countless games. I’ve tried literally everything to get this thing working. I am the last person to come to a forum and ask for help.. but I don’t know what else to do. The odds are whatever is replied I’ve probably tried it. The only way I’ve even been able to run games is by making my DK2 the primary monitor and this makes everything frustrating because you can’t look around the desktop to actually get a game running because you can’t find the play button. If anyone has come across this problem please help.. Thanks in advance.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Did you read the DK2 Setup Guide and the other guides in the vorpX help?

You have two options to use vorpX:

A. The convenient one (works with most games)

1. Set the Rift DK2 to “Extend Desktop to HMD”
    2. Use the Rift DK2 as SECONDARY monitor in Windows
    3. Set the Rift DK2 to “Portrait” mode in Windows
    (might be “Landscape flipped” in Windows 8)
    4. Set vorpX to “Show on DK2″ display wise in the vorpX config app.

B. The compatible one

1. Set the Rift DK2 to “Extend Desktop to HMD”
    2. Use the Rift DK2 as PRIMARY monitor in Windows
    3. Set the Rift DK2 to “Portrait” mode in Windows
    (might be “Landscape flipped” in Windows 8)
    4. Set vorpX to “Use system settings” display wise in the vorpX config app.

It is important to choose the right setting in the vorpX config app according to your display settings in Windows. It is important to choose the right setting in the vorpX config app according to your display settings in Windows.

For a more detailed guide including screenshots please check the DK2 setup guide that comes with vorpX.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!