VorpX does nothing

Homepage Forums Technical Support VorpX does nothing

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    y0urd0g
    Participant

I’ve tried to get 7 games to even show up in VR so far. Only 3 actually work. I’ve tried all the FAQ stuff already, no error, nothing. These four games so far just start in standard pancake mode and VorpX does nothing at all, no error, nothing, doesn’t even look like VorpX tries to do anything, and i have profiles for all the games.

Games that work:

Half life 2
    Hexen 2
    Star wars Kotor

Games that VorpX does nothing:

World of Warcraft
    Warframe
    Risk of rain 2
    Planet coaster

y0urd0g
    Participant

Like I don’t like how i don’t get any error or anything, so i have no idea what the problem is. If there was a error message maby i could fix it on my own, but literally nothing happens besides the game starting in pancake like normal.

Minabe
    Participant

Not sure about the others but for WoW you need to choose DX11 Legacy in the game settings (i think that’s what it was called) or vorpX won’t attach

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ y0urd0g: I understand that you said you already went through the trouble shooting guide, but please double check for any potential conflicts with other programs on your PC. Hooking issues with multiple games almost certainly are related to some other program also hooking into games and thus creating a conflict.

The most likely candidate is AV software, others are listed in the trouble shooting guide above. The best method to trouble shoot this is to exit everything that is running in the background, even if you don’t suspect it to cause an issue.

Additionally you could try the ‘Alternative Hooking’ checkbox in the config app. Be aware though that alternative hooking is not better per se, it’s just different and some games definitely will require the default method.

If double checking for conflicts does not solve the issue, please create a trouble shoot data archive in the config app after trying to start a few games and send that to support at vorpx com for inspection. Maybe you overlooked something.

y0urd0g
    Participant

Thanks for the response Ralf, I tried turning off everything. I disabled my second monitor, shut down pretty much every single other program running, I temporarily disabled my AV firewall AND active protection. Discord was off, skype was off, my Nvidia GeForce, I disabled the in game overlay. Disabled the Steam in game overlay.
    I tried the alternate hooking methood

And I’ve been testing all this only with “Planet coaster” to keep a constant.

I’ve created the troubleshooting report, but I would prefer to send it to you directly, instead of posting it publicly for everyone to see, is that a possibility Ralf?

y0urd0g
    Participant

Oh and to be clear, all of these games ive tried aside from WoW are through steam.

and how long does it take the attach? maybe i’m not waiting long enough

Ralf
    Keymaster

Attaching should only take a few secs normally. Send the trouble shoot data archive to support at vorpx com. No promises, but I’ll take a look at it.

y0urd0g
    Participant

Email sent, I tried a few more games.

Audiosurf 2 works perfectly

age of mythology
    DOOM
    Halo: MCC
    all do nothing at all

AfxTwn
    Participant

Email sent, I tried a few more games.

Audiosurf 2 works perfectly

age of mythology
    DOOM
    Halo: MCC
    all do nothing at all

Please could you let me know which profile you used to get Audiosurf 2 working?

Thanks.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!