Vorpx doesn't start

Homepage Forums Technical Support Vorpx doesn't start

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    kambier
    Participant

I installed and tried to start vorpx (new vesion installed). After start, the program shows up in the tray only for few seconds and crush. I can start only “Configure Vorpx”, but after “apply” nothing happened. I haven’t any antivirus installed. Windows defender – disabled. Any tips?
    Win 8,1 – can be a problem?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Do you by any chance use a Windows account name with special (non-ASCII) characters in it?

If so: there currently is a glitch where sometimes vorpX can’t find vital files if a Windows username is used that contains special (non-ASCII) characters. This will be fixed with the next vorpX version.

Until then please try the following workaround:

1. Create a new Windows user account with only ASCII characters in it (e.g. “kambier”).
    2. Reinstall and use vorpX with this new user account.

kambier
    Participant

I got it to work! It’s great!
    Changing account name solved the problem.
    Thanks!

semper
    Participant

What are you happy for? I have the same problem. I added exclusions in my DrWeb but i named my computer with russian name “Евгений” and can’t make a new user because too many programs i use with my primary account (It s crazy thing). There was the same problem when i installed CV1 sensor but i did it. Here i can’t find a way for just testing your program. So tell me how to take back my 40$?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Making an additional user account does not interfere at all with any other program on your PC, you can easily use two accounts side by side. The underlying issue will be fixed with the next update.

semper
    Participant

We are naming it “танцы с бубном” on russian. It is working…. but i do not impressed

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!