Vorpx doesn't work.

Homepage Forums Technical Support Vorpx doesn't work.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Karol K
    Participant

Hello.
    I have CV1, Windows 10 Home fresh install, newest oculus updates. Already disabled Windows Defender, Kaspersky, and tried to run vorpx in compatibility with older versions. When I start vorpx, the tray icon appears for a second, than it’s gone.
    Please help!

Markocova
    Participant

i have the same problem

ld57
    Participant

Did you run the vorpx web setup as administrator ?

Karol K
    Participant

Installed as user, uninstalled, reinstalled as administrator. And I removed Skypehost witch is a part of Win 10 installation. Still not working… :( I was hoping to try something more than oculus store has to offer.

ld57
    Participant

Vorpx, if it crashed, wrote something on my side in eventlog.

could check your application eventlog if you see a message when you open vorpx ?

start/run eventvwr.msc and check in windows section, application eventlog.

then start vorpx and refresh the eventlog.

by luck you may have a message which can help

Karol K
    Participant

Hello.

ld57, thank You for this tip. Eventlog showed that the module witch causes the problem is msvcr120.dll. I installed Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio (also x86 version) and it didn’t work. Tried also downloading only this one file (msvcr120) and made no difference.

ld57
    Participant

well now let s try to find why vc runtime crashed.

it can be related to issue with vc redis, and it can be related to a conflict between procedure call.

which version of vcredis did you reinstall/repair ? 2010, 12 13 or 15?

also, one thing you can try, to check if it could be related to your user profile, is to create an another account in windows to test, then login in and run again Vorpx. check if it runs.
    just to see the result.

here a link with the procedure to create an another account in case of
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/5de907f1-f8ba-4fd9-a89d-efd23fee918c/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Karol K
    Participant

Ok. So I tried different account. I installed vorpx witch, by the way, automatically adds vc 2013. Same problem in the eventlog, but now when I’m starting vorpx a window appears that tells me it encountered a critical error and cannot do its magic. Error code:2. Funny. On my original account I tried also vc 2015 – after that it told me file msvcp120.dll is missing, although it is physically in folder Windows\System32.
    I copied this file to C:\Windows and problem remained.
    Thanks for Your patience…

ld57
    Participant

Error code 2 means that vorpX can’t find its profile directory.

Are you maybe using an unusual configuration? Installing vorpX with a user that does not have admin rights may cause this issue. Probably the first run after the installation is done with admin rights in this case, hence it works for the first run.

If that is the case, please give the user admin rights for installing vorpX in the Windows control panel. You can restrict the users rights again after the installation.

Quote from Ralf.

I forgot to tell you to give administrator role to the created user.

Did you ? (Do it using your regular account, then log back with the new account.
    Then uninstall vorpx, then reinstall it with right click run as administrator.
    Then launch it.

Let s see.

Karol K
    Participant

I followed Your advice and did everything step by step. AND IT’S WORKING ! ! !
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU !
    These things got a little bit complicated since I started on Commodore 64 almost 30 years ago… ;)

ld57
    Participant

Then enjoy :)

It seems something wrong with your original user profile (registry entries, appdata stuf etc), and it would take too much hard work to identify what.

I recommend to you to try to switch your user’s documents to the new profile and work with that.

That is good, is before Win7-10, several time , to fix this kind of problem, a full reinstall of windows was required !

lucky for us that win 7 and 10 are more stable :)

Ralf should add this tips to the basic troubleshooting guide.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!