VorpX doesn't work with Steam games

Homepage Forums Technical Support VorpX doesn't work with Steam games

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    rbit
    Participant

Hi everyone!
    I’m getting into this whole VorpX thing just right now, and i expected some issues with steam. :/
    Maybe i am doing something wrong, but all other games just working fine.
    I have an Oculus Rift DK2, and all of the games that i downloaded via Oculus Store are working perfectly. Also when i’m playing games from Origin (like battlefield 4, Hardline) are working very good with VorpX. And also (shamely) i have pirated games like Tomb Raider, also this works fine. But when i tried to play some games from Steam like Counter Strike, or Payday 2 didn’t want to be “connected” with VorpX, this means that the game just showed up on my monitor, and i could play it normaly, but not on my oculus rift. (For example balck ops 3 doesn’t even wanted to start…)
    Do i have to start Steam VR or some other thing, or do i have to close something to get the things work? I want to make videos from it, how it works, and i am recording my videos with Nvidia’s “Shadow Play”, could this be a problem?
    Thanks for the answers.:)

bobd
    Participant

You may be right with steam games. I bought vorpx so I could play arma3 on steam (mostly aircraft). I found it working @ about 50% of the game. Ralf tells me he can’t help cause he doesn’t know the game that well. Then points me to some other app crap to get head tracking to work. BIGGEST WASTE OF $40 I EVER SPENT!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Only if you want looking around decoupled from walking you need to use OpenTrack, which was almost certainly what I recommended you to try. vorpX cannot add decoupled aim/walk to any game, that has to be supported by the game engine itself, which Arma III does through TrackIR.

OpenTrack is absolutely not necessary though if you stick to the normal mouse look head tracking, which works with ARMA III just as it works with any other FPS.

rbit
    Participant

Now it finaly works. :D
    But i still don’t know what i did with it. :P
    I am just trying out the games, and i have to say, it’s pretty awesome. :D
    But i’ve got some issues. :/
    As i said before, i want to record the gameplays, so i have to turn on this “original mode…” thing (i don’t know how, it’s called… :P) so that i can record it from my monitor, but when i turn it on for example CS:GO starts to lag a little bit. :/ But only in the headset, on the monitor it runs perfectly. :)
    And like Evolve Stage 2, when i turn it on, it just laggs so much in the oculus rift, but than i watched it on the monitor and it was running without problems. :/
    (I still didn’t record anything, it’s lagging already without recording…)
    Does this mean that my PC is not strong enough for this? :/

Main Things of my pc that can be the reason:

Processor: Intel Core i5 3570K 3.4GHz
    Graphic Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 Gaming 4G
    RAM: 2x KINGSTON HyperX Beast 8 GB

bobd
    Participant

OpenTrack is absolutely not necessary though if you stick to the normal mouse look head tracking, which works with ARMA III just as it works with any other FPS.

That’s ridiculous. So now I have to wear another head tracking device on top of cv1, & start TIR. If I knew I’d have to jump through these extra hoops I would have never bought vorpx.

When I saw arma3 was supported, I thought it would run straight away. It’s misleading.

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ rbit:

Please make sure that VSync is disabled both in the games and in your graphics driver control panel if you use the “Show Original” option. If you use this option, games are synced to your monitor refresh rate with VSync enabled, which often means they will run at 30fps or even below. That’s the reason for the warning that is shown when you enable the option. Might also make sense to run the games windowed if possible.

Without Vsync the performance should be almost identical.

@ bobd:

You can play Arma III with vorpX without the need for any additional soft- or hardware. Only if you want the purely optional decoupled aim/walk, you can do that by using OpenTrack. There is no need for anything else than vorpX to play Arma 3 just as any other first person game.

Using OpenTrack is a purely optional method to enhance the experience with ARMA 3, it is neither necessary to play Arma 3 with vorpX nor does it require a TrackIR device if you wish to use it. OpenTrack emulates TrackIR with a VR headset. It’s just an optional way to get more functionality if you want, not something you need.

bobd
    Participant

That’s ridiculous. So now I have to wear another head tracking device on top of cv1, & start TIR. If I knew I’d have to jump through these extra hoops I would have never bought vorpx.

When I saw arma3 was supported, I thought it would run straight away. It’s misleading.

Ralf
    Keymaster

You do not need any additional software. Arma 3 works exactly like any other first person game with vorpX by translating head tracking into mouse movement without any extra requirement. There is absolutely nothing special about how this is done for Arma 3. That is how it works for every single game.

Sorry if I caused any confusion by suggesting the optional OpenTrack method to you, which can be used in Arma 3 to get additional functionality beyond that.

Using OpenTrack is a purely optional method to enhance the experience with ARMA 3, it is neither necessary to play Arma 3 with vorpX nor does it require a TrackIR device if you wish to use it. OpenTrack emulates TrackIR with a VR headset. It’s just an optional way to get more functionality if you want, not something you need.

bobd
    Participant

All I want to do is use CV1 while in a vehicle or aircraft, without using any other apps. Head tracking only works while in infantry mode. Head tracking does not work by selecting mouse look in the game in vehicle mode.

Ralf
    Keymaster

There should be an option to enable free look in vehicles in the Arma 3 options. It’s my understandig that this should be on per default normally.

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/177845-how-to-turn-off-freelook-in-helicopters/
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/107410/discussions/0/828935673298142113/
    http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=21924

bobd
    Participant

I’m aware of Vehicle Freelook, & doesn’t help my situation. The only time I can get head tracking in vehicle mode is if I click M mouse for magnify, that tracks for some reason.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!