vorpx double vision and eye strain- Questions

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpx double vision and eye strain- Questions

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Glitch1336
    Participant

Greetings all!

It has been quite a while since I last installed vorpx and I came back looking for info on whether or not it has changed in a way that would make it usable for me. First some background:

I understand that there are types of 3D that don’t work for some people and apparently I’m one of those.

Most 3D movies (at the theater) cause me to see double a lot and cause some eye strain. Interestingly the Warcraft movie looked fantastic to me and caused none of this!

VorpX causes me to feel cross eyed no matter how many hours I spend adjusting and causes major eye strain as well as seeing double somewhat at times.

3D videos including those shown in the official Oculus “intro to VR”, “jaunt” etc. cause me to suffer the same effects.

More or less all native Oculus games and simulations work beautifully for me, and cause no eye strain or anything discomfort at all.

Can anyone explain why this might be, and also whether or not this means VorpX will never be comfortable and effective enough for me to use?

Ralf
    Keymaster

The only thing I can imagine is that the 3D strength may be too high for you to be comfortable. The default value shouldn’t cause something like that normally, but since you apparently are very sensitive to potential issues caused by stereo rendering it might be worth a try to reduce it in the vorpX ingame menu. Be aware though that this will alter the perceived scale of the world.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!