VorpX/Game inconsistent like a mind of it’s own

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings VorpX/Game inconsistent like a mind of it’s own

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Spinelli
    Participant

The first time I started rFactor 1 with VorpX, the game was in a true VR style rather than a monitor in front of you. Also, the head-movement worked in every dimension. The VorpX’s tips for the game says to go into the VorpX menu and enable TrackIR, so I did. When I did that, the view started spinning and zooming/moving and going crazy. I exited the game.

Upon restarting the game, the view was stable again. When I turned TrackIR on in VorpX settings, the view this time stayed stable instead of going crazy which doesn’t make sense to me – how can it act completely different one time compared to the next when I didn’t change any settings? Anyways, now a new problem occured. The game now looks like it’s on a screen in front of me rather than true VR mode. The VorpX settings say it’s in true VR mode though. I even changed it to cinema mode (or ambience or whatever it’s called) and then set it back to true VR mode but it still looks like there’s a screen in front of me. So I exited the game again.

Upon restarting the game, the screen-in-front-of-me issue did not resolve itself but then I also noticed a 2nd issue. My left/right (yaw) head movements now don’t turn relative to the game/screen anymore. My head’s up/down (pitch) movements still move relative to the screen but not my left/right (yaw) anymore. So I selected the reset to default option in the VorpX settings but the 2 problems (left/right yaw and not being in trueVR mode) issues still exist. What happened?

It’s like every time I start the game, it behaves differently even when I don’t touch any settings. What in the world is going on?

ToxicMike
    Participant

The VorpX’s tips for the game says to go into the VorpX menu and enable TrackIR, so I did. When I did that, the view started spinning and zooming/moving and going crazy. I exited the game.

So this was the first time you changed settings(?).

Upon restarting the game, the view was stable again.

Stable “again”? Have you reset the changes you made before, like disabling TrackIR because you didn´t mention it to this point.

When I turned TrackIR on in VorpX settings,

You turned TrackIR back on? So you were disabling TrackIR before or what?

the view this time stayed stable instead of going crazy which doesn’t make sense to me – how can it act completely different one time compared to the next when I didn’t change any settings?

Well i´d say you actually did change the settings and not only just for once.

Are you even sure you weren´t fucking up at some point during those multiple times of restarting, changing settings, enabling certain settings and disabling settings once again?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!