VorpX Incompatible with Reshade Ray Tracing

Homepage Forums Technical Support VorpX Incompatible with Reshade Ray Tracing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    John1180gtx
    Participant

Hey everyone, I own a Pimax 5k XR and I tried using the ray tracing effects with reshade with VorpX and it doesn’t work. It works fine for whatever game I want to use it (ray tracing effects) with on the desktop, without VorpX injection and just Reshade injection, but there seems to be a conflict. My theory is that because VorpX and SteamVR use multiplanar projection distortion rendering and in particular, the reflections at screenspace don’t match up. You can see in this video https://drive.google.com/file/d/19zvZ3focwHxs7DAVef4Yb-6uGHlctEQK/view?usp=sharing (sorry for the large file size and my Twitch Overlay). AFAIK, and I have limited computer graphics programming experience so I may be wrong, the VorpX injector is telling the game at screenspace through the depth buffer that as per the reprojection from rectilinear to multiplanar, the corresponding vertices that make up the individual depth buffer are misaligned. I have tried a vertical fov setting of “150” in the Reshade settings and that didn’t change anything. So, the reshade dlls and fx files are calling for reflections at screenspace in totally different locations, causing the incorrect shading to happen. I will post this on the VorpX forums and see if Ralf can provide any support. Is there anything you guys can do?

In order to get the Ray Tracing Reshade effects and .dlls you have to become a $5 per month Patron and also check the discord.

In the discord, you need to get the modified d3d9.dll file that has been posted by one of the users (available for download via discord). Also, for dx10 and dx11, replace those files with Reshade64 or Reshade32 .dll and rename them dxgi.dll.

https://www.patreon.com/mcflypg/posts

Ralf
    Keymaster

Probably vorpX’s stereo offsets aren’t taken into account. Apart from potentially unsolvable conflicts due to the double injection/hooking for this to work there would have to be tight integration. Sounds interesting and I’ll keep an eye on the project, but I have so many things on the plate that I really can’t promise anything. I would also suspect that the performance impact will be too big in most cases.

John1180gtx
    Participant

The problem isn’t necessarily the double injection / hooking into. That works fine, despite the conflict, it’s just that the shader when it hooks into the game is rendering screen space calculations for rectilinear vertex coordinates if that makes sense.

I am not really a graphics programmer, but I could probably help you find a solution for this problem. Could you let me help you figure out a solution if you send me VorpX’s source code? You can hold me accountable, I will give you all my information if the source code is leaked (which it will not be).

I am not seeking any compensation but I would like to have your permission to share with potential employers in particular my solution to this problem without the rest of this source code as a part of my portfolio.

I am not a very good programmer, but I think providing a solution for this could be something that I could do over the course of a year or two and it seems like a good task. You could probably do it faster and more reliably, but I could lessen your burden.

If your code is properly commented and sectioned off logically where I could understand it easily then I could target a solution effectively.

I come from a self taught C background so I am very used to procedural, logical and imperative programming (I mostly use it for scientific equations and quality of life/convenience in calculations) so I might have a very hard time with this but I can think of a solution for the vertice offset calculations if I can test my hypothesis and compare the rectilinear projection to the multiplanar projection.

My idea is not going to be very performance effective, as the solution is really a native problem for the engines of the games we are talking about (the screenspace depth buffer rectilinear vertex coordinates are a function of DX9-DX11 integration within the game engines themselves.) My idea is to sort of “reproject” the vertices through trigonometric transformations dependent on what the source code for VorpX looks like, the screen space reflection code for the reshade mod looks like and the ray tracing code itself.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Not meant to sound rude, I just can’t really say it less direct: that’s out of the question, sorry.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!