VorpX Injection Bug

Homepage Forums Technical Support VorpX Injection Bug

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Martin
    Participant

When I launch games with the watcher enabled they either not start at all or I get an error like missing dll, no permissions or just unknown error (in Steam). However, if I disable the watcher, launch the game and then quickly enable it again everything works perfectly. I already tried launching VorpX, Steam and the application with elevated permissions but nothing fixed the problem, I also made sure that non-elevated apps have access to all required folders.

Ralf
    Keymaster

There might be an injection conflict with some other program on your PC. Many programs also hook into games and can cause such an issue. Not all of them are obvious.

Hottest candidates are: virus scanners, any sort of CPU/GPU utilities, game video recording/streaming software, chat programs and generally everything that can show notifictations in games.

Best way to trouble shoot this is to disable/uninstall every program running in the background that would not be there after a fresh, Microsoft only Windows install.

If you can’t solve the issue this way, please try to start a few games, then create a trouble shoot data archive in the vorpX config app and send this archive to support |at| vorpx com. I will then check whether I can find something that you may have overlooked.

Martin
    Participant

Hi, the OS is actually a fresh install of Windows Server 2016 so I know exactly which applications are running.

I even uninstalled Nvidia GeForce Experience (didn’t need it anyways) but that still didn’t fix the problem. I don’t have any other applications that should attempt to inject themselves into processes so is it possible that VorpX has a problem with Windows Server versions?

Martin
    Participant

So I just checked the log:

When attempting to start Mafia II with the watcher enabled I see the following error in the log file in the temp directory:

ERR: VorpControl Injector StartProgram: DLL not found or invalid.

And from the troubleshooter:

INF: VorpControl: Starting elevated (64bit, version 17.2.1).
    INF: VorpControl: Starting elevated (32bit, version 17.2.1).
    INF: VorpControl Injector InjectVorpD111: DLL injected: mafia2.exe (mode1).
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!