VorpX is not hooking Doom (2016) anymore?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion VorpX is not hooking Doom (2016) anymore?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Michelangel0
    Participant

Hi there!!

Is it just me or Vorpx on Doom (2016) just stay with trying to hook and it never happens?

I tried with both Vulkan and OpenGL but it just doesn’t work at all :(

The thing is that I played many times before with VorpX and it was working.
    Even at some version I remember that I got G3D working and looked amazing…

Help anyone?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Vulkan definitely won’t work, OpenGL still works here. Please note though that the game is not officially supported, OpenGL support in vorpX only fully covers older OpenGL versions up until about Doom 3/Quake 4.

However, if it doesn’t hook at all in OpenGL mode, please check for the ‘usual suspects’ in regard to hooking issues: virus scanners, GPU/CPU utilities, messengers, game recording/streaming apps, generally everything that can show notifications in games.

If you haven’t done so already, trying the alternative hooking method in the config app is also worth a shot. Caveat: the alternative method is not meant for general use. Only activate it in case of issues with a specific game.

Michelangel0
    Participant

It works now I just played it will Geometry 3D and looks awesome again!

I disabled Antivirus and Steam overlay but what I think it did the trick was that I was starting SteamVR manually and in this case it works correctly if VorpX starts SteamVR when it detects the exe starting.

Thanks!

steph12
    Participant

you have doom 3 2016 working in G3D ? really ? could you share your profile please ?i’m curious to try myself.

Michelangel0
    Participant

you have doom 3 2016 working in G3D ? really ? could you share your profile please ?i’m curious to try myself.

Sure I uploaded the latest I was using and working correctly on the latest VorpX version too.

enjoy it!

steph12
    Participant

thanks man :)

Malsyste
    Participant

Has G3d ever worked really? Cause it certainty doesnt any more.

Here’s a youtube example-
    Just need to watch first min or 2, rest of vid is silent gameplay

Can anyone confirm with complete certainty that it worked?

1 guy is saying he was fooled-

Another claims in title description there was a change after I (rudely) confronted him about it-

Whats the real story here?
    Have I missed out on this amazing chance if there ever was one?
    Any way to rectify this?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!