VorpX just stops working

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion VorpX just stops working

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    golem09
    Participant

Ok, I’ve had this issue in two games now, Condemned: Criminal Origins and Dark Souls.
    First, I was very surprised to see how well Condemned worked even without 3D and no changeable FOV. Just when I was ready to play a bit, at one point in the game vorpx just stops doing it’s magic. The game just goes back to the normal 2D screen layout, and the vorpx overlay and zoom don’t work anymore.
    Also had this with a brief try with Dark Souls.

On a “maybe” similar note, I’ve tried Mass Effect 3 and it works really well, except when my energy shield is depleted after taking too much damage, it explodes and suddenly it’s like seperation is set to 500. completely different viewing angles for both eyes. After a while when the shield starts regenerating, it goes back to normal.

Ralf
    Keymaster

“Interesting” issue in ME3…

Both other games you mentioned are unsupported ATM, which should have been shown on startup. They might or might not work at all, or do all kinds of weird stuff. With these two you are completely on your own at this point in time.

golem09
    Participant

Yep, I knew they were not supported, was just weird that Condemned worked so well (I didn’t even notice that there was no 3D in the first minutes) and then it just completely stops. Same thing happens when you go into the graphics menu, and sometimes it goes back to proper vorp when leaving the menu.

What I have seen in some games though (ME3, Skyrim) is that the overlay menu sometimes quits working. When I press delete, it flashes very briefly on the left side of the screen, and is immediately gone again. Just giving you more feedback here ;)

Ralf
    Keymaster

Thanks for menu hint. That shouldn’t happen of course.

Feedback is welcome, of course! Just one request: It would be great if you could mention whenever you talk about unsupported games to avoid confusion.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!