Vorpx – Massive judder

Homepage Forums Technical Support Vorpx – Massive judder

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ourosoad
    Participant

Does anyone have a solution for judder in Vorpx?

I am running games at constant 75 FPS +, but everything I run always stutters badly.
    I am wondering if I have something set wrong in Vorpx or Nvidia control panel?

As a comparison I can get other games to run fine – Elite Dangerous, Alien Isolation, HL2, pretty much all direct to rift demos etc etc

Windows 8.1, GTX 980, i7 3770k, 16gb ram.

Necubar
    Participant

Same Problem over here. No Problem with other Demos etc. Games are running at 75FPS+ stable.
    Intense Judder makes the vorpX Driver unusable.
    Any Fixes known for this? Checked all Troubleshooting Guides so far.

System Specs:
    Asus G751JY
    Windows 8.1 64bit
    Nvidia GTX 980m 4GB Driver 353.30
    Intel i7-4720HQ
    16GB RAM

Ralf
    Keymaster

Although this shouldn’t be necessary normally, on some systems you may have to set the Rift as primary display for the best possible performance and correct vsync. For details how to do this check the DK2 Setup Guide in the vorpX help.

You can also try to force v-sync on/off through your display driver control panel.

And last but not least please check the framerate with the built in FPS overlay in vorpX ([ALT][F]). Only if this shows stable 75fps while vorpX is active, you really have 75fps.

BTW: laptops are generally not recommended by Oculus and can cause various issues due to automatic switching between integrated and dedicated graphics.

Necubar
    Participant

Thank you for your quick help.
    I forced v-sync at my nvidia driver. I also checked my Framerate in vorpX Cinema ([ALT][F]) – rock solid 75FPS.
    All tests have been done with the Oculus als Main Screen (75Hz).
    Still very strong judder problems.

PS: My Notebook has no Optimus which means its not allowed to switch to integrated graphics.

Necubar
    Participant

Any ideas why this heavy judder occurs despite the 75 FPS?

BuckleBean
    Participant

I get this too, but disabling Aero on my Win7 machine fixes it.

lukeschaben
    Participant

I know this is an old post, but the way I reduced the jutter is by turning off the 3d thing I forgot what it was called but its set to geometric by default.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!