Vorpx never starts / shuts down immediately

Homepage Forums Installation and Registration Support Vorpx never starts / shuts down immediately

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Waiter
    Participant

Hi!

I bought vorpX yesterday and went through the installation and registration successfully but I can’t start it. The only thing that happens when I try to start Vorpx or the vorpX Desktop Viewer is that the mouse pointer “thinks” for a while and the vorpX symbol appears in the activity field, but if I move my mouse pointer over it, it just disappears. There is nothing called vorpX active in the Task Manager.

I was running Bitdefender, and as I have read a lot and had several issues with that program before, I decided to uninstall it completely and run Malwarebytes and Windows Defender. I have added the vorpX folder as an exception in both of them but none of these changes have made any difference.

I read in one thread that using certain characters in the Windows Profile name could cause problems, and my profile name is “Åke”, but according to that thread, this issue should have been dealt with long ago. I also really don’t want to mess up my computer with multiple user profiles.

Any suggestions? Normally I would deinstall vorpX and reinstall it, but I’m not sure whether I can do that without having to request new registration codes.

Happy for any help.
    /Waiter

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please first and foremost try without MalwareBytes. Sounds very much like a virus scanner problem.

You can reinstall without needing a new key. The one you got stays valid unless you reinstall Windows or change hardware in your PC.

Waiter
    Participant

I shut down Malwarebytes completely and reinstalled vorpX. No changes.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please uninstall MalwareBytes for testing purposes. Some more invasive AV programs make it very hard to fully disable them until they are completely removed.

Waiter
    Participant

Uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled vorpX as admin. Still the same.

Could the profile name still be an issue, or has that been solved?

Ralf
    Keymaster

That shouldn’t be an issue for years. Might still make sense to create a second user for testing purposes in case it’s some other profile related issue.

Apart from that: if you can run the config app, please create a trouble shoot data archive in the config app and send that to support |at| vorpx com.

Waiter
    Participant

I tried to change user name, but that doesn’t change the actual folder names, only the name showed on the sign in screen.

Creating a second account requires me to require a new registration key from you.

Config app works, file sent.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!