Vorpx no longer changing game settings (FOV)

Homepage Forums Technical Support Vorpx no longer changing game settings (FOV)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Incontinentia
    Participant

Been using Vorpx for a while with no issues. DirectVR worked incredibly well for the games I play (mainly Arma) but after a couple of months off, I updated to the latest version and for some reason Vorpx no longer changes resolution, FOV etc, even after restart. Have tried running as admin, also tried deleting and reinstalling. No joy so far. Essentially I end up with the wrong FOV no matter what I try in-game. I’ve also tried playing about with resolutions and aspect ratios. For whatever reason though Vorpx is no longer able to change game settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

steph12
    Participant

hi, have you tried to do a full factory vorpx reset under trouble shooting section ?

Incontinentia
    Participant

I have, no luck on that either unfortunately. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Incontinentia
    Participant

Just to clarify the issue a bit: by changing game settings in the game itself (rather than the Vorpx menu) I can get something close to a good implementation. So it’s basically like Vorpx pre-DirectVR. In a game like Arma with little ability to specify custom aspect ratios though, it’s impossible to get a decent experience without DirectVR being able to change the FOV, aspect ratio and resolution.

To give a bit of background: I’m on WMR, everything worked perfectly back in April, games are split over several drives but that should be fine, the only possible setting I could have changed in the time since (apart from updating the software) is a profile restore of Arma but deleting everything and staring again (as well as factory reset) should have resolved any issues caused by doing that. No overlays, no antivirus issues, technically proficient and able to follow basic troubleshooting advice (for the most part!)… but nothing seems to be working here.

steph12
    Participant

looks like only Ralf can help you.

Incontinentia
    Participant

Well thank you for trying anyway!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Looks like the Arma 3 devs recently changed the player profile path for whatever reason so that vorpX can’t find the profiles anymore. Apparently they are now under “My Documents\Arma 3 – Other Profiles” instead of “My Documents\Arma 3”.

I will adjust the DirectVR helper for the next vorpX version. Until then please use the linked calculator to change the config file manually: http://hia3.com/tools/armafovcalculator-en

Incontinentia
    Participant

Thanks Ralf! I was wondering if something like that had happened. Weirdly though I have struggled to get the FOV to stick when configured manually as that’s how I used to play. Although it might be that I’m also looking in the wrong place for my config files too now.

I have to say though, when it works it is incredible (especially with Opentrack emulating head rotation) so thank for your efforts.

Ralf
    Keymaster

One other thing: please check whether you maybe inadvertantly checked the “Never change any game settings” option in the config app.

This option is meant for trouble shooting only and should never be checked under normal circumstances. Doing so globally disables most DirectVR functionality.

Incontinentia
    Participant

Ah yeah that was the first thing I tried. Cheers for the suggestion though.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!