Vorpx no longer hooks properly: Valve index

Homepage Forums Technical Support Vorpx no longer hooks properly: Valve index

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    hypersonic1
    Participant

Hi there, yesterday I decided to try a few games. F1 2020 and wreckfest with Vorpx and it worked fine until I had to restart. Now when I start Vorpx it will hook the games but only to my 2D monitor as two images, and nothing on my valve index.

(to be clear Vorpx is active in the game and I can activate the delete menu. Its not displaying on my headset and what is displayed on my 2D screen is a doubled image.)

I have no way to list my index as a display, ive checkled and my nvidiqa card is in charge of everything it can be. Ive tried normal and alternate hooking methods. My Anti virus is not blocking Vorpx. Frankly im at a loss for what to do I need ideas.

Any advice would be great

Ralf
    Keymaster

Sounds as if you may inadvertently have selected the wrong display type. For an Index select „SteamVR“ as headset type on the „General“ page of the vorpX config app.

hypersonic1
    Participant

Sadly it is in fact on the proper setting Steam VR

Ralf
    Keymaster

In that case please try a full factory reset on the trouble shooting page, make sure that you don‘t have any stereo driver/mods besides vorpX installed and check whether you maybe have disabled direct mode in SteamVR (if that is still possible.

vorpX itself only displays two images side by side if set to one of the ‚Generic‘ display types.

hypersonic1
    Participant

After trying all of those and a restart. I did have helix vision installed and it is now gone. despite this all 2D games I try still render side by side in a separate window not on my VR headset.

hypersonic1
    Participant

https://puu.sh/Htatu/f97c78976b.png

To paint a clearer picture.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Maybe nVidia 3DVision is still enabled, just a guess. Can’t really suggest more than above.

vorpX itself only shows two images side by side if set to one of the ‚Generic‘ display types. Could be the case judging from your image, but of course I believe you that you have selected SteamVR. No way on earth (or elsewhere) that vorpX itself can generate two side by side images while running in SteamVR mode.

hypersonic1
    Participant

Thank you so much for troubleshooting with me.

So after a nights sleep, I decided to reinstall helix vision and officially turn stereo 3D off. Im going to try a few settings and if none of those work I will completely uninstall all nvidia drivers. then resinstall the latest driver and try that. another soft reset hopefull after some trial and error.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please also double and triple check that you really didn’t accidentally switch vorpX to “Generic VR Headset” in the config app under “Device Selection” on the “General” page. Your image looks a bit like that.

Also please try a vorpX uninstall/reinstall, just in case the settings got messed up in some really weird way.

Last but not least check the game folder for any d3d11.dll or dxgi.dll that might have been put there by the other product. If there are any files with these names in the game folder, remove them. Normally vorpX should complain automatically about that, but just in case.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!