VorpX not attaching and showing blackscreen at desktop viewer

Homepage Forums Technical Support VorpX not attaching and showing blackscreen at desktop viewer

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Julio Filho
    Participant

Hi guys,

I just bought a Gear VR Oculus along with VorpX driver and Riftcat, and for my surprive it seems that nothing is working lol.

I got the Riftcat connected with my device to emulate the VR Set and the SteamVR initiated and configurated. But every single software I launch with VorpX running, give me the error “OpenVR runtime error: Hmd Not Found (108)”. And if I try to launch the Desktop Viewer it launches but the window just keep all black without informations and it doesn’t come to front, whenever I click it nothing happens.

Can anyone please help me? I’m brazilian and this stuff went out very expensive and I’m kind freaking out here lol

Thank you!

Ralf
    Keymaster

That’s not really something that is officially supported. I’m sure other users got this configuartion working in the past, but apart from that I don’t know much about RiftCat.

You will have to make RiftCat emulate a SteamVR headset and vorpX set to SteamVR mode, that much is certain. Also SteamVR has to be installed and running. How exactly you have to configure RiftCat is not something I can answer unfortunately.

If you can’t make it work, send a mail to support |at| vorpx com and we will figure something out for you.

Julio Filho
    Participant

Hi,

Thank you for the quick response.

But I think the problem was misunderstood.

I can connect my riftcat to steamVR without a problem.

My problem is that VorpX doesn’t attach to anything, neither steamVR, or Desktop, nothing. When I try to use the Desktop Viewer the VorpX Desktop Viewer window keeps entire black and unselectable.

I believe it can be something with a video driver or so. I’m using bootcamp to run Windows on a MiniMac. I don’t know if VorpX works on Mac Catalina.

Thank you again.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I have no experience with RiftCat at all, as said above such a setup is not officially supported. I can’t really give any more specific advice than above unfortunately.

If you can’t make it work, send a mail to support |at| vorpx com and we will figure something out for you.

Julio Filho
    Participant

I see.

Riftcart apart. Would you help me throught a common setup? I’m willing to buy a real VR Set (probably Oculus Rift), and if we can make it work would be very helpful. I really want to make it work.

VorpX is supposed to work with SteamVR right?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Yes, vorpX works with SteamVR, provided you have selected ‘SteamVR’ as headset type in the vorpX config app.

For everything else please check the reply to your support message.

timothy0010
    Participant

I’m having that same problem what did you do ? Vrdesktop stays black. I uninstalled vorpx and the vrdesktop works again . It has something to do with vorpx attachment…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!