VorpX not hooking any game. SteamVR/Vive

Homepage Forums Technical Support VorpX not hooking any game. SteamVR/Vive

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    raybanman
    Participant

I’ve gone through the pinned trouble shooting thread and done all of the steps in the FAQ. It hooked once for GTAV the first attempt I made, but was unplayable as it had the IPD waaay to far apart to even read the the VorpX orverlay menu to adjust it, so I exited. Since then I haven’t been able to get anything I’ve tried to hook. Settings are applied on the monitor normally and seem to work, but the game never displays on the HMD. SteamVR stays in the Steam VR home environment and never starts loading. I’m at a loss as to why it worked once and then never again, even after following all the troubleshooting. Any ideas? If a specific game to target the troubleshooting would help, I’d love to get ARMA III working first, or GTAV. Thanks.

Ralf
    Keymaster

For Arma III please make sure to disable BattleEye in the launcher. Unfortunately BattleEye completely blocks the way vorpX uses to hook into games.

Apart from that: if you experience injection issues with multiple games, there almost certainly is an injection conflict with some other program on your PC.

Hottest candidates are: virus scanners, any sort of CPU/GPU utilities, game video recording/streaming software, chat programs and generally everything that can show notifictations in games.

Best way to trouble shoot this is to disable/uninstall background processes that are not required. Especially the types listed above.

raybanman
    Participant

Hi Ralf,

I’ll try disabling BattleEye and see if that helps. As for the rest of your post; as I mentioned in the OP, I have already gone through EVERY step of the trouble shooting guide, Pinned post in this forum, and the FAQ. This includes disabling EVERY other program running except steam and vorpx. all overlays disabled etc, no gpu/update utiles. And it already worked once, then stopped the next time I tried it… hasn’t worked since.

raybanman
    Participant

So I tried disabling BattleEye, it didn’t help. I went in vorpx config to look through game settings and notice that when I hit apply for optimize game settings, I get the message: “Settings Path not found. Maybe the game is not properly installed or has to be started once for the optimizer to be able to work.” I looked at the install directories of both the game and vorpX and decided that maybe since vorpX was installed on C:\ and my games directory was D:\, that I would re-install vorpX onto the same hard drive as my games and see if that worked. I did, opened vorpx once, ran ARMAIII, shut down, and tried to optimize settings again. I received the same message. tried to start ARMAIII with vorpx again and still didn’t work in the HMD. As I said all background programs are disabled and the vorpx exe is excluded from my virus scanner.

raybanman
    Participant

Just tried the same process with BioShock Infinite. It let me apply the settings after starting the game once, but on the second start, it again only displays on the monitor and not on the HMD.

raybanman
    Participant

I tried completely disabling my virus software (Norton 360) and running bioshock and armaIII. Still the same result.

Am I correct in having SteamVR running prior to starting the games? Or does it need to be shut down? In which order should I start SteamVR/Vorpx? Does i matter?

Thanks.

raybanman
    Participant

P.S. I’ve given up on GTAV for now, as I realized I’m running Scripthook and pretty sure that would mess with this process.

raybanman
    Participant

Bump.

Any help here Ralf? I still can’t use the software I’ve paid for. Also, sent an email to the support address which remains unanswered.

Thanks.

Ralf
    Keymaster

As said above similar injection issues with multiple games almost certainly (read 99.999%) are caused by an injection conflict with some other software on your PC.

The only other options that come to mind are:

1. If you run your games (or Steam) with admin rights for some reason, you will also have to run vorpX as admin. Otherwise vorpX does not have sufficient rights to hook into games.

2. If you have a multi GPU setup, make sure that the games run on the same GPU that your headset is connected to

There really aren’t any other options than these if you experience the same injection problem with every game you try.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!