vorpx not hooking into Steam games

Homepage Forums Technical Support vorpx not hooking into Steam games

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Truhan
    Participant

Using an Oculus Rift S. Pretty much all of my steam games it won’t hook. Most of my non-steam games that I added profiles for (like Guild Wars 2) will work, but vorpx just does nothing when I launch a steam game, no matter what game it is regardless of whether the game uses a default local or a cloud profile. I don’t use any anti-viruses other than Windows Defender and I got no CPU or GPU programs running.

Ralf
    Keymaster

First please be aware that Guild Wars 2 is not officially supported, so I can’t say anything game specific. There should be no problem with hooking into Steam games under normal circumstances though.

For games with a profile loaded vorpX should display a dialog when the game starts that says „attaching to …“. if hooking into a game fails after a while this dialog offers various options how to deal with the matter. First thing you should try in such a case is installing a hook helper to the game folder. If that does not help, switching to ‚Alternative hooking‘ is worth a shot. You can do the latter either from said dialog or from the config app.

Apart from that please double and triple check for any potential conflict with some other program on your PC. disable everything running in the background, even if you think it has no impact on games. Hooking issues almost always are caused by some conflict with another program that also hooks into games.

Truhan
    Participant

I know that Guild Wars 2 isn’t officially supported, but there’s a cloud profile for it, and it works. Another example of a game that works is Borderlands 3, which I have on EGS instead of Steam. My Steam games that have vorpx profiles don’t get an “attaching to” dialog, vorpx just seems to do nothing for Steam games. There’s no failure because it’s like it doesn’t even try. Like I said though, supported and even non-supported games work if they have a profile, as long as they’re not on Steam.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I can’t really suggest much more than above, sorry. You can probably imagine that there would be quite a few more posts like yours if there was a general problem with running games from Steam. Also Steam versions are usually used when doing profiles here, so I can practically guarantee that Steam is not your problem.

Probably some weird coincidence. Please double check for everything I mentioned above. Also try the alternative hooking method in the config app. In some cases that can help without having to get to the bottom of a hooking conflict.

If after thoroughly checking everything (again) that is mentioned in the trouble shooting guide above you still can’t solve your issue, please create a trouble shoot data archive in the config app and send that to support at vorpx com. No promises, but I’ll check whether you maybe overlooked something in regard to potentially conflicting background processes.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!