VorpX not working at all, not even the tray icon

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion VorpX not working at all, not even the tray icon

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    clawjelly
    Participant

Hey

Today i wanted to try the VorpX, but sadly it doesn’t work. I start the control panel as stated in the help file. After configuring though nothing happens. I press “apply”, nothing. I press “apply & close”, nothing. Games are still normal and i don’t even get the vorpx tray icon!

The oculus is recognized, non-vorpx stuff works properly, my virus scanner is deactivated, but nothing. To me it sounds like a DLL is missing or makes problems. Thats what my install dir looks like:
    Install directory

Ralf
    Keymaster

Hi clawjelly,

There is indeed a file missing in your vorpX directory. It should have a file named vorpControl.exe, which is the most important one. Starting vorpControl.exe will enable vorpX, including the tray icon.

Please try to reinstall vorpX. Maybe the installation went wrong. it somehow looks that way, since the .tmp file shouldn’t be there normally.

Hope that helps.

aiekillu
    Participant

I had a similar problem, my firewall blocked the Vorpx exe for whatever reason. Just make sure to grant it permission on your firewall or protection software, then reinstall it.

clawjelly
    Participant

Oh my, i think it’s even worse: My virus scanner might have deleted that file because it thought it was suspicious. I could reinstall it only after i deactivated the antivirus… Now it seems to work. Guess i gotta have a close eye on that scanner…

Ralf
    Keymaster

Glad that this is solved.

Instead of completely deactivating the scanner, it might be better to add vorpControl.exe as an exception. Almost all virus scanners allow this. This way you don’t compromise the security of your system.

BTW: What scanner are you using? I’d like to contact the vendor for whitelisting the false positive.

clawjelly
    Participant

I’m using Avast. It actually crashed the installer as it was “secured” (read: deleting) files while vorpx was still installing. Nasty i call that!

http://www.avast.com/

tonka
    Participant

Ralf, AVG has to be completely disabled in order to start vorpX, adding vorpControl.exe as an exception has absolutely no effect. Is there anything that you can do about this?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Whitelisting false positves is usually no problem, might take a few days though. In the meantime you could try to also add vorpX.dll as an exception, that’s the second file that might be falsely detected by some scanners. Maybe that’s the case with AVG.

tonka
    Participant

I added both files but it had no effect, always get a message that there is a problem with the license.

clawjelly
    Participant

It was a little tricky to find the exception-rules in avast, but i think i got it. The report states that vorpControl.exe is suspicious for “Win32:Evo-gen”. I put exceptions for “vorpConfig.exe” and “vorpControl.exe”, now i can start it normally.

aeronick
    Participant

I had the same problem with avast today. Tried to launch vorpx, and the avast file system shield flagged and deleted it. Then when I tried to reinstall, the avast web shield flagged and killed the installer.

mitoki
    Participant

HI, Bitdefender block the vorpControl.exe evrytime… if i rename it bitdef leave it alone… but vorpx not worck. what i need to change to vorp worck?

Ralf
    Keymaster

We have already submitted the current build to BitDefender as a false positive. It may take a while until they do something though unfortunately.

You will have have to disable/uninstall BitDefender in the meantime.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but this clearly is a BitDefender issue. Not much we can do apart from notifying them about the false positive.

As a BitDefender user you should also submit this as a false positive.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!