Vorpx not working with anything

Homepage Forums Technical Support Vorpx not working with anything

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    kiuytrd
    Participant

Hi, I bought vorpx earlier today and have been trying to get the damned thing working for more than 6 hours now and I have no idea what is wrong. I looked though the troubleshooting section, and nothing worked. When i try to start a game, sometimes it will attach or whatever and then it will just freeze during the intro bethesda logo (trying to play skyrim) and it has the vorpx logo at the bottom and i can still hear the music after it freezes for a bit but all it says is that “TESV is taking a while to load” Similar results from other so called “Supported games” I even restarted my computer, reinstalled skyrim, and reverted to the nonbeta version of oculus. I’ve tried using administrator mode, and i’ve tried looking this up online but nothing i try seems to work. I just want to play some damn video games using this accursed oculus that i got yesterday. Also, I have had trouble opening games like VRChat and Spooky’s House of Jumpscares, not sure if that is relevant but might as well add that in as well.

red
    Participant

It’s totally worth the pain you’re going through… you’re probably very close to getting it to work.

Are you running a modded Skyrim? The freezing during the intro might be because you’re running incompatible mods. Disable them all and try again. Mods can persist if you don’t manually clean out the steamapps/common/Skyrim folder after uninstalling.

You should only have Steam, Oculus Home and vorpX running… check this forum for details of programs you may have running in the background that interfere with vorpX’s ability to hook into games.

If you’re getting similar results with all supported titles then it does sound like solving this one conflict problem is key.

It’s worth the effort!

kiuytrd
    Participant

I restarted my computer, only ran the required programs and am still getting the same results running a completely clean skyrim install, as well as fallout new vegas. I also have already tried disabling my antivirus, discord, steam overlay, ect. I honestly have no idea what could be wrong…

Ralf
    Keymaster

If you use any other antivirus than Windows Defender, please try to uninstall it for testing. Some of these programs do not allow their users to fully disable them. One example would be BitDefender, where you would also have to exclude vorpX from the so called “Advanced Threat Protection”, another one is Comodo, and there likely are others that behave similarly odd.

If vorpX can’t hook into anything, some software conflict is by far the most likely explanation.

One other thing: if you are using a dual GPU system, please make sure that your monitor and your headset are plugged into the same GPU.

kiuytrd
    Participant

It is windows defender, and my graphics card has only one HDMI port as well as my computer…

Ralf
    Keymaster

Windows Defender should not be a problem. Please try to start a few games, then open the config app and create a trouble shoot data archive (Trouble Shooting page). Send that to support |at| vorpx com. Maybe I can spot something you overlooked.

No promises, but something is definitely wrong on your machine. With a bit of luck the trouble shoot data shows what that may be.

kiuytrd
    Participant

Ok, I sent the email, thank you for the help

Ralf
    Keymaster

The issue is not that vorpX can’t hook into games, that works as it should.

The issue is that the games start on your internal Intel GPU (which probably is the one you have your monitor connected to) while your headset is connected to the nVidia GPU. Such a configuration does not work since vorpX cannot copy images from one GPU to another.

Connecting monitor and headset both to the nVidia GPU would almost certainly solve the issue.

For some additional info please check the mail I sent you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!