VorpX not working with Quest 2?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion VorpX not working with Quest 2?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Chuck
    Participant

Been trying to run VorpX with my Oculus Quest 2, but every time i launch a game it says that the Quest 2 is not detected. I have it connected via cable and i have the Oculus program running. The only way to connect my Oculus it seems, is to run it as a SteamVR headset, but that causes controller issues so i avoid it. How do i run it as an Oculus headset?

Ralf
    Keymaster

SteamVR is not required for a Quest 2. Please follow these steps:

1. Make sure ‘Oculus’ is selected in the vorpX config app as your headset type.
    2. If you want to use the wired version of Oculus Link, connect the Quest via USB
    3. Launch the Oculus PC App.
    4. Launch Oculus Link (wired) or AirLink (Wi-Fi) in your Quest.

Afterwards your Quest is connected to the Oculus app and vorpX can send images to it via the Oculus PC runtime.

Caveat: AirLink requires a fast Wifi 5/6 connection with low latency. If you are unsure about that, better use wired Link via USB.

luka2099
    Participant

You must use openxr with airlink/link oculus quest 2. I use it and work very very well

Chuck
    Participant

@luka2099 where do i find OpenXR? I tried searching for it.

Ralf
    Keymaster

In the vorpX config app, on the ‘General’ page. The option is called ‘Device Selection’. Both ‘Oculus’ and ‘OpenXR’ work with Link/AirLink.

If you want to use OpenXR, you have to make sure that Oculus is your system’s OpenXR runtime. You can do that in the Oculus PC app.

luka2099
    Participant

In the vorpX config app, on the ‘General’ page. The option is called ‘Device Selection’. Both ‘Oculus’ and ‘OpenXR’ work with Link/AirLink.

If you want to use OpenXR, you have to make sure that Oculus is your system’s OpenXR runtime. You can do that in the Oculus PC app.

RAlf you can post the link of file.zip openxr.zip on your site?

Ralf
    Keymaster

That is not necessary anymore. There is a switch in the Oculus app since quite a while.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!