VorpX + openXR + Witcher 3 = not working. Why?

Homepage Forums Technical Support VorpX + openXR + Witcher 3 = not working. Why?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    HalloMolli
    Participant

Hello, so I’ve noticed that my performance is significantly better when I use openXR over SteamVR (my HMD = HP Reverb G2). And I mean by a lot (smooth as butter experience + 60-90 fps with OpenXR VS stutter + fps drops below 10 + ~30 fps with SteamVR). Unfortunately Witcher 3 won’t start if I use OpenXR (an error message pops up which askes me to change the mode). However, as described the performance with SteamVR is, at best, okay-ish but far from good enough or what I am used with OpenXR. I am wondering why that is.

Will I be able to play Witcher 3 with OpenXR if I buy the game on GoG?

HalloMolli
    Participant

Since I can’t edit my thread anymore: The error messages goes like this: OpenXR session init failed. This is a severe Error. Make sure that OpenXR is working on your PC correctly or switch to a different API.

Well, it’s only doing this with Witcher 3. If I start another Steam game with vorpx (for example Skyrim) it just works without any problems. Witcher 3, on the other hand, I can only run with SteamVR (which is a mess when it comes to performance).

dellrifter22
    Participant

Just wanted to add that I get this too lately with Witcher 3 and Far Cry games. HP Reverb G1.

Ralf
    Keymaster

WMR OpenXR is a bit iffy in respect to whether the headset is initialized before or after the first game frame. I have made some changes to the init sequence recently, hopefully that will help with the matter.

If you still exeperience this issue after the next update, let me know again.

That said: With literally thousands of games there always is a chance that for one or the other you will have to resort to SteamVR instead of OpenXR for WMR headsets. Can’t entirely rule that out even with the aforementioned changes in the next vorpX version.

HalloMolli
    Participant

Alright, thanks Ralf.

@dellrifter22
    good to know I am not the only one with this problem.

luka2099
    Participant

I use a quest2 and run with openxr without steamvr. But i no have a Gog version of game.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!