Vorpx problem with Kaspersky AV

Homepage Forums Technical Support Vorpx problem with Kaspersky AV

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Beachmol
    Participant

Hello,

I bought Vorpx and registered with the Request Code, name, and Key, i wanted to test it with some games. The problem i met when starting Vorpx it had a small icon displayed near the clock in the taskbar, but when moving the mouse on it, the icon disapear ! and of course Vorpx was not running !

After several tries, i thought about my antivirus Kaspersky 14.0.0.4651(h). I asked to disable the AV during one minute, start Vorpx, and the icon was there and not quitting itself anymore ! when the AV comes back online, no problem, Vorpx still works.

So, if you meet a similar problem, first, think about disable your AV, run Vorpx, then enable back your AV.

I hope Vorpx will fix this problem in a future release.

Have a nice day.

Philip.

Ralf
    Keymaster

This is not a vorpX problem, it’s a Kaspersky problem. vorpX does memory patching to hook games, which some overzeleous antivirus programs wrongfully may detect as malicious behaviour. They are just guessing, and their guess is wrong in this case.

Personally I would recommend to use Microsoft Security Essentials, which usually doesn’t scare users with wrong detections.

If you want to stick to Kasperky, you should add exceptions for vorpControl.exe and vorpConfig.exe. All AV programs allow to add exceptions manually.

Beachmol
    Participant

Hello,

I did not wrote it’s a problem from Vorpx but a Kaspersky AV problem… it was for help people just in case they meet this kind of problem, perhaps it can give them a direction to solve it.

Philip.

Beachmol
    Participant

Hello,

With Kaspersky 15.0.1.415 it works very well ! just needed to update Kaspersky AV with the last release !

Philip.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Thanks for letting us know. They probably whitelisted the current vorpX version know. If it breaks again after a future vorpX update, you may have to disable Kaspersky again temporarily (or add an exception).

Corvus
    Participant

Hi all.

I got the same problem after purchasing vorpX yesterday.

But for this Version Kaspersky wont cause any problems anymore.
    It took two minutes of “work” and a bit of waiting to solve it.

If it happens with the next Version somebody (developer can check this too)
    just go to
    https://scan.kaspersky.com/
    upload the file (unless it’s under 30MB of size), check it and if the verdict is “infected”, click on the disagree button, the file will be sent as a false positive to KL analysts.
    If you give Your email address you get an email about their final verdict.

I did so at 20:40 yesterday at 02:40 I received an email with apologize about the false positive and that they will fix it with their next update, witch was done already when i tried it this morning (07:30).

I always prefer 10 or 100 times of false alarms instead of only 1 time of a “sleeping” AV-program, so I like and keep “my paranoid russian” ;)

Ralf
    Keymaster

This is indeed a false positive.

vorpX “injects” other programs which some av programs may classify as malicious behaviour without really being sure about it. Unfortunately that can happen for each new version with some overzealous av programs.

The easisest way to prevent that entirely is excluding the vorpX program folder from scanning (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Animation Labs\vorpX). Most av programs allow to exclude folders from scanning.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!