VorpX profile authoring

Homepage Forums Technical Support VorpX profile authoring

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    red
    Participant

For more than simple profiles, is knowledge of a programming language necessary alongside ‘some basic knowledge about 3d graphics’? If so, which one(s)?

I’d also like to know what language VorpX is programmed in, if you’re willing to share.

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX is mainly programmed in C++ (main application) and C# (config app and a few backend tools), also a bit of PHP on the server side.

The profile authoring is done via an ingame GUI that contains the most important/common options. Some things were left out to keep this GUI as comprehensible as possible.

So, no programming language involved. But to create a profile from scratch you still need a grasp of what matrices, buffers, shaders etc. technically mean in the context of Direct3D. So you should have at least a little insight into the inner workings of computer graphics.

Personally I programmed my first 3D-“engine” almost 20 years ago (getting old I guess, feels like yesterday…) in Macromedia Director, which really wasn’t meant for that at all back then, and without any of that fancy D3D/OpenGL stuff that does half the work. Every polygon carefully hand-transformed so to speak. ;) You don’t need to go that far though.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!