VorpX rolls back changes, is now unusable.

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion VorpX rolls back changes, is now unusable.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    xrc6
    Participant

A recent problem. I could fill a book on the issues this thing has given me. But now VorpX tries to update, afterwards I get a message saying Rolling back changes. Kind of like what Windows does if you revert to a previous driver. Then the program just quits. I can’t even avoid the update as it happens automatically at launch.

VorpX just repeats this process over n over with each re-launch. I just hope the solution doesn’t require me to uninstall it because I have activated this product like a dozen times already throughout the course, it’s getting old quick.

Just a rant here, but in all honesty MyDreamSwift doesn’t have near the headaches, you can inject individual games and they stay injected without launching the config but on the downside, doesn’t have all the options that VorpX has though as far as tweaking. So I’m very close to just saying fuck this app and go back to Swift and just deal with what it offers and I guess the author has my money so I’m sure that’s a big middle finger to me and I get the complexity and funkiness of getting non VR games to work in VR but geez just function for crying out loud. Would be cool if there was an option to force a fisheye morphing of the display output for FOV game limitations but maybe thats not possible. /rant

Ralf
    Keymaster

A full install will probably help.

You can simply use the web installer that you received when you purchased vorpX for that. It will download the latest version available. If you don’t have your web installer anymore, you can get a new one here.

Before you get accustomed to the options vorpX offers, the best way to use vorpX is the quick and dirty “1-2-3 Game Setup” described in the help. Not perfect, but simple. Even that does 10x more than the discontinued program you mention, which doesn’t even provide any kind of Stereo 3D.

BTW: You don’t need to launch the config app to start games with vorpX. Only the injection watcher has to be running.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!