vorpx settings (del key) not working

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpx settings (del key) not working

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    anaussie
    Participant

hi there,

I’m playing bf3 multiplayer with vorpx. The ‘del’ key menu is very flakey, and hardly ever works.

Sometimes, I hit del and can see the boxes but no text. Sometimes, i hit del and can see the boxes and text, but I can’t move the mouse. It did work once (i hit ‘del’, and the menu showed up with readable text) – but when i closed it it wouldn’t open again.

Does anyone have a solution to this? I’m on windows 8 if that matters

Ralf
    Keymaster

Hi anaussie,

That’s a known issue with BF3/4 (or the Frostbite engine in general, to be precise). Unfortunately fixing it requires some larger changes, but it will be addressed in one of the next updates.

anaussie
    Participant

Thanks Ralf. I look forward to the next update.

Just one more question – I can’t get vorpx working with portal 2. I’ve disabled steam overlay, and use the shortcut method. The game loads but then crashes after the loading menu. Has there been any progress on this? Portal 2 would be awesome in the rift!

Ralf
    Keymaster

An in-game crash in Portal 2 never was reproducible here unfortunately. Neither with the first release version nor with the latest.

anaussie
    Participant

I can reproduce it 100% of the time here. Is there any information that you want me to gather that may help getting it working? I’m not sure if it matters, but I’m using the motion pack version of portal 2 (i.e. the razer hydra version)

Ralf
    Keymaster

Never tried that particular version, just the normal Steam version. But I doubt that’s the problem. If you want to invest a little bit of time into this for additional testing, please write me a mail to support |at| vorpx com .

anaussie
    Participant

Thanks Ralf, I’m more than happy to help so I’ll shoot through an email.
    Also, just wanted to say keep up the great work :) Vorpx is awesome, and I love playing bf3 with it! For any bf3 fans out there with a rift, try it – it’s kickass!

LifePeace
    Participant

I am also getting both of these issues. First off, for me the vorpx settings menu randomly goes into this inaccessible state where when I press the del key, the screen slightly begins to edge peak (just before the menu would normal pop up) and then resets back to gameplay. I press it again and it subtle edge peaks and goes back to the gameplay. I can’t seem to figure out what causes this as it just randomly starts. Mainly after a scene change or as soon as I load my game. Any ideas on how I can fix this other than rebooting VorpX every time it happens?

Secondly, Portal 2 loads, plays the valve portal ominous intro music and then crashes. It gets stuck on the load after the above mentioned intro. Which is weird because it was working decent, I quit out to set up my mouse, and when I came back it wouldn’t load anymore. Like it broke lol. Any ideas of that also? Thanks for everything. :)

Ken
    DK2

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!