VorpX, SLI/Crossfire, and FPS?

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings VorpX, SLI/Crossfire, and FPS?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    lipplog
    Participant

If I understand correctly, vorpX’s asynchronous timewarp function locks the game’s frame rate at 45 FPS, even if the game is rendering higher than that. The idea being that while a higher frame rate is a smoother experience, the instability would allow for sudden dramatic dips in FPS that could be jarring. Capping the frame rate sacrifices a smoother experience for a stable one.

My other understanding is that vorpX is compatible with multi-card setups, so long as the game it’s running is compatible with multi-card setups.

Assuming that both these assumptions are correct, what if I had a rig with multiple 1080s in SLI that rendered a frame rate high enough that dipping below 90 FPS was no longer a concern? Would vorpX’s timewarp feature automatically stop locking the game at 45 FPS? If not, could I disable the feature in order to experience the smoother 90 FPS or higher game play, so long as it remained stable?

Sorry for the lengthy question. I’m using an HTC Vive which currently does f perform as well as an Oculus rift.

Ralf
    Keymaster

There is an option called “Fluid Sync” on the display page of the ingame menu. On Vive it’s enabled per default since the vast majority of games works better this way on Vive.

For older games that can run close to or at 90fps you can disable it and allow the games to run at the native refresh rate. That only makes sense for games that can run pretty fast though, in all other cases leaving Fluid Sync enabled is the right choice on Vive.

lipplog
    Participant

Thanks Ralf! I’ll be doing some experimenting.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!