VorpX still "hooks" but cannot open application or "configure" any more

Homepage Forums Technical Support VorpX still "hooks" but cannot open application or "configure" any more

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    wm79
    Participant

Hey guys, my VorpX can still be started and still works in games (so does the ingame menu) but if I try to ppen the application itself or the configure Vorpx option via the taskbar icon, nothing happens.

I cannot remember when this started, but I noticed it right after the update.

Any clues?

wm79
    Participant

Addition: Desktop Viewer does not work either. The screen in the cinema mode is black.

opaleye
    Participant

Hey guys, my VorpX can still be started and still works in games (so does the ingame menu) but if I try to ppen the application itself or the configure Vorpx option via the taskbar icon, nothing happens.

Any clues?

Probably not the same problem that you have, but I thought I’d mention it.

I had a similar problem yesterday, I could start VorpX configuration just fine but it failed to show up on my desktop and it was baffling cause I had not had this happen to me before.

After some time I solved it, for some reaosn my nvidia controlpanel had set screens to extend.. I only have one normal screen (other that rift that is),
    so have no idea how that suddenly happened, but changing it to only display on screen 1 did the trick and VorpX configuration menu was back on my desktop where it should be.

I think it might have happened as I was adding custom resolutions to nvidia controlpanel cause I had VorpX configuration open so that I could follow instructions as I went on. After this I couldn’t find the VorpX configuration on my desktop.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please try to exclude the vorpX program folder from your virus scanner, sounds a lot like a false AV scanner detection. Unfortunately that happens on a regular basis with new vorpX versions for various scanners. Apparently this time even Windows Defender, which usually doesn’t cause trouble.

wm79
    Participant

Any clues?

Probably not the same problem that you have, but I thought I’d mention it.

I had a similar problem yesterday, I could start VorpX configuration just fine but it failed to show up on my desktop and it was baffling cause I had not had this happen to me before.

After some time I solved it, for some reaosn my nvidia controlpanel had set screens to extend.. I only have one normal screen (other that rift that is),
    so have no idea how that suddenly happened, but changing it to only display on screen 1 did the trick and VorpX configuration menu was back on my desktop where it should be.

I think it might have happened as I was adding custom resolutions to nvidia controlpanel cause I had VorpX configuration open so that I could follow instructions as I went on. After this I couldn’t find the VorpX configuration on my desktop.

So that is strange. I looked into my NV system config and indeed there is a second display now and it is called “NVidia VR Desktop”. However, there is no clone option or something available and if I disable it, it will be back within a couple of seconds. I tried around a little bit but was not able to solve it.

opaleye
    Participant

I actually went back to old “Home” on the oculus Rift when I was troubleshooting my missing vorpxconfiguration app, and I pulled out the Rift hdmi from my graphicscard to see if the second screen would disappear.

interestingly I found this on reddit yesterday,
    DatUnicorn01 asked : When I start Oculus Home, my PC tells me that I have a second monitor with 4K resolution. I don’t know where this is coming from and when I use the “Show Desktop” thing in Oculus Home and/or SteamVR I get to see actually 2 desktops but it gets all laggy.
    I also noticed, that my monitor is expanded, when I start Oculus Home, but I can’t switch it back to only one monitor.

and Earthwin replied : If you’re using the Rift Core 2.0 beta, Oculus Home will now create a virtual monitor when opened for use in Dash.

so that factors in I guess, my vorpxconfiguration app was hiding on that second screen when it disappeared from my actual screen.

wm79
    Participant

So there is no solution other than going back to old Oculus Home?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!