VorpX stopped attaching into Rocket League

Homepage Forums Technical Support VorpX stopped attaching into Rocket League

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    markbradley1982
    Participant

I was using VorpX regularly with Rocket League but stopped for several months. Now Rocket League switched to the epic store for their second season and before VorpX would attach perfectly but now it fails to attach.

It says “attaching…” but nothing happens and the image is not output to my Vive like before.

Specs:

Windows 10 Pro
    Original Vive
    GTX 1080

Driver version: 457.51

markbradley1982
    Participant

I also tried installing hook helper and it still doesn’t help. While it does install successfully, it just outputs “next up” into my headset.

I don’t know what’s going on, rocket league used to work perfectly.

markbradley1982
    Participant

Alternative hook method also fails.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The Steam version still works here. I’ll check the Epic version later, don’t have it installed currently.

The latest vorpX (21.1.0) has an updated Rocket League profile that supports DX11. If you didn’t grab that from the cloud already, it will be available after the vorpX update tp 21.1.0.

I’ll let you know whether the Epic version still works for me or not once the download finished.

Update: Epic version also works here.

BTW: Now that Rocket League belongs to Epic there is a certain chance that at some point they may add their anticheat system, which might eventually break hooking into the game at some point in the future.

markbradley1982
    Participant

I’m not using the epic version. I’m using the version on steam, but it told me to link to my epic account which I did. I still launch it from steam.

Also I can’t get it to work. Again I must stress this is the steam version, it only asked me to link to my epic account inside the game. But this game refuses to work with VorpX now when before it used to work perfectly.

What do I do to fix this issue?

Ralf
    Keymaster

I checked the Steam version first, which also worked fine here.

Did you try to install a hook helper? The ‘Attaching to…’ dialog should offer that option after about a minute of waiting or so. That can help with many hooking conflicts without getting to the bottom of the matter by ensuring vorpX hooks as early as possible.

If that does not help: hooking issues almost always are caused by conflicts with other software that also hooks into games. The pinned trouble shooting post on top of this sub forum has more details on the matter.

ghost_master2k
    Participant

Came here to report the same issue, after reading Ralf’s last post I disabled BakkesMod which also hooks into Rocket League. That fixed my issue. It’s a shame because BM is really helpful for training, and it worked last night, but RL and vorpx both updated since I played last night, so not sure which change caused the incompatibility.

markbradley1982
    Participant

Alright after I updated VorpX and told Windows Defender to “allow” it, Rocket League works. Turns out I wasn’t running 21.1.0 (though VorpX did update before I started so I thought I was on the latest version but wasn’t). I didn’t need to use hook helper.

Sorry about taking up your time Ralf. Next time I will also post up what version of VorpX I am running.

Multiplayer isn’t working on Rocket League but that has nothing to do with VorpX since it happens even when VorpX is off.

markbradley1982
    Participant

Have you tried the alternative hooking method? I don’t use BM so haven’t tested it. The multiplayer servers are down for everyone now. Now that RL is part of Epic it really sucks.

Ralf
    Keymaster

No problem at all. Glad you got it sorted.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!