VorpX stopped attaching to Wow.exe

Homepage Forums Technical Support VorpX stopped attaching to Wow.exe

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    swatt
    Participant

Hi there, I’ve been using VorpX for World of Warcraft with Oculus, and it’s been great.

Wow has updated the game (“Tides of Vengenace” update), and suddenly VorpX does not connect to it. It tries, and it says “Attaching to Wow.exe”, but after a while, Wow starts up normally, and then VorpX puts up another dialog: “This takes quite a while. If you suspect the program hangs or you don’t want to use vorpX with to it, click the according button”. I choose Do nothing, but there’s Wow running without VorpX.

It’s like VorpX can’t “talk” to Wow anymore after their update? It thinks Wow didn’t respond or that it hung. Though it maybe works partially, because it still redirects audio to the Oculus Rift.

I stopped Oculus and VorpX and restarted them fresh, but still the same. Plus Oculus software then updated itself, but still no luck even after that.

Please help? Thanks!

swatt
    Participant

Quick update: I rebooted again, and upgraded to the latest VorpX version, but still the same.

swatt
    Participant

Ok, got it. The latest Wow update must have reset back to DirectX 12. VorpX needs DirectX 11. After switching back to 11, it’s back to working!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!