Vorpx stopped working at all

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Vorpx stopped working at all

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    vangel
    Participant

It worked 1 time with Oculus Configuration utility duplicating the 2 already created views by the config utility onto my DK2. Also a mouse emulation (rotation DK2 leads to mouse moving) was enabled which remains on till I restarted Windows. After the restart no Vorpx effects whatso ever in no 3D game. Like the driver is completely switched off. Vorpx is started, DK2 is in extended mode but no effect on anything.
    Please HELP!!!

vangel
    Participant

Reinstalling or using desktop shortcuts for games don’t work either.
    Testing with “The Vanishing of Ethan Carter” and “Thief”. Disabling the DK2 leads to Vorpx giving error about missing device, so it runs somehow in the background, it just didn’t kick in into the games. Win 8.1 and Nvidia GTX970 here.

vangel
    Participant

Got “Max Payne 3″ to work, although is not really stereoscopic, but I think this is because of it using the Z-Buffer mode instead of geometry. Nothing else I have now works (not Thief, not ” “The Vanishing of Ethan Carter” renamed to UDK.exe)
    Shouldn’t VorpX try to work with every DX9/11 game u start?

Ralf
    Keymaster

If vorpX does not hook with multiple games in a similar fashion, the most likely cause is another program on your PC interfering with vorpX. Some possible candidates are: graphics driver add-ons, video streaming and recording software, chat programs, and in general everything that can show content over games or does also “hook” into the graphics pipeline. Also anti virus programs may cause issues.

If you didn’t do that already, please restart your PC and check the trouble shooting guide in the vorpX help. It lists some (but not all) examples of programs which might cause issues when running together with vorpX.

vangel
    Participant

Ok, I started the x64 version of my games, which don’t work. The 32 bit version of “The Vanishing of E.C” and Thief works. I avoid 32 mode always if possible, 32 is a thing of the past, every game runs better and with much bigger textures in 64 bit. Obviously VorpX only seams to work with 32 bit. A little disappointing now with even the consoles switching over to native 64bit. When will VorpX support it?

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX had 64bit support since day one. With the current version you have to uncheck the “Run as administrator” checkbox in the config app for 64bit to work.

BTW: “Run as administrator” is usually not needed with vorpX except for games that also need admin rights. Might do more harm than good in other cases.

vangel
    Participant

Ok, I tried Vorpx with and without the Run as Administrator checkbox and my 64bit games (The Vanishing of EC, Thief and Sniper Elite V3) still don’t work with it on my DK2.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!