VorpX stops working in New Vegas after 1 hour

Homepage Forums Technical Support VorpX stops working in New Vegas after 1 hour

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    markbradley1982
    Participant

VorpX works really well and I am pleased with the results I see with it in New Vegas. However it also stops working after 1 hour without the game crashing. My Vive’s screen just turns black, but I can still hear the game audio. And when this happens, I noticed the game goes into full screen mode on my monitor. Normally if VorpX is working correctly, the game is tiny screen on my PC monitor but NOT in a window if that makes sense.

I am using NVSE, Ohud, New Vegas Crash remover, 4 gig patcher, UIO, and The Mod Configuration Menu (MCM) for the New Vegas mods.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Try to disable Crytal Image in the vorpX menu, apparently it can cause issues like that on Vive. You won’t lose much, it’s effect is rather subtle anyway.

markbradley1982
    Participant

Ah. I will try that. Is Crystal Image like a post processing effect? It’s not super sampling right?

markbradley1982
    Participant

It works perfectly now, and I notice zero difference with Crystal Image disabled on New Vegas.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Among other things Crystal Image supersamples the final image before it is sent to the headset, but the effect is rather subtle since in contrast to native apps that’s not the resolution that the game is rendered with. Supersampling like you may do with some native apps can be done by icnreasing a game’s resolution.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!