VorpX Support for Elite: Dangerous Odyssey?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion VorpX Support for Elite: Dangerous Odyssey?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    CyberOcelot
    Participant

The next paid upgrade (coming early 2021) for Elite: Dangerous will not have VR support. I was thinking that playing the 2D version using VorpX (instead of using native options) may be a good way to get around this.

I haven’t installed and used VorpX yet.

I wanted to know if it supports Elite: Dangerous currently and if there are any VorpX users here who can help me set expectations on possibly using VorpX for Elite: Dangerous Odyssey when it releases? What would the experience of setting it up and playing using VorpX be like?

Minabe
    Participant

Since the game already has VR support there’s no official nor unofficial vorpX profiles and while it might be possible to use another profile, nobody can really tell until the expansion it’s released. The expansion will have official VR support, just won’t have it at launch, so i doubt vorpX will get an official profile but the community may create one.

CyberOcelot
    Participant

There has been no word on the expansion ever having VR support due to balancing issues. Not sure where you heard that it will? Link?

As someone who has not used VorpX, your post is pretty confusing to me. Do I need to have a “profile” available to a game in order to attempt to play it in VR?

Minabe
    Participant

Seems i can’t post links to other sites, in any case every news about the expansion agree on the “at launch” comments made by the developer (i just searched Elite: Dangerous Odyssey VR and every news even had “at launch” on the title).

Every game officially supported has a profile the moment you install vorpX but there are many unofficially supported game profiles you can download from the cloud’s vorpX server, which the community created and uploaded to, and you can also create your own custom profiles for any game (as well as upload it into the cloud).

Minabe
    Participant

http://www.roadtovr.com/elite-dangerous-odyssey-wont-support-vr-launch-early-2021/
    http://www.pcgamer.com/uk/elite-dangerous-odyssey-wont-launch-with-vr-support/
    http://www.mmorpg.com/elite-dangerous/news/elite-dangerous-odyssey-will-not-receive-vr-compatibility-or-base-building-at-launch-2000118370
    http://www.uploadvr.com/elite-dangerous-odyssey-wont-have-vr-support-at-launch/

I don’t really follow the game’s news but every news about it agree on the “at launch” comments made by the developers.

vorpX comes with official profiles for games that are officially supported, however there are many more games supported unofficially which you can download the profiles for from the cloud’s vorpX server added by the community, and you can even make your own profiles for any game.

matteo39
    Participant

Any news?

6xes
    Participant

im curious about this too…
    admittedly it might be a good hook for the (Vorpx)sales department, if frontier fall short on being unable to provide a solution at least in the beginning phase of the release of E.D odyssey.

6xes
    Participant

it would seem going (by this video) while in your spaceship and your SRV you are able to have the native VR within game…
    however with the (spacelegs) walking around, it defaults to a cinema type screen at least this is what is occurring.. for now
    workaround is using the cmdr camera… it would seem as though theres a high likelihood it will be implemented… given the workaround shows the way forward

6xes
    Participant

heres another players view on the issues faced in E.D Odyssey while running in the native VR mode.

matteo39
    Participant

so it ll have vr?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!