VORPX upgrade killed my use

Homepage Forums Technical Support VORPX upgrade killed my use

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mondo50m
    Participant

I was automatically upgraded from a useable version of VORPX to an unusable version. When I start the program it tells me that the configured device was not found and that VORPX will exit now. It then asks me if I want to start the config program to select another HMD. When I click on YES it states that an unspecified error has occured and wants to know if I want to restart the program. When I select YES, it now goes back to the original message stating that I have chosen the wrong HMD. It just continues in this useless circle. I am using the DK1 that I have used since the beginning. I have a windows 8.1 gaming computer. I hope DK1 has not been dropped in favor of supporting the DK2. I will be very angry.

Milt

Ralf
    Keymaster

No, your DK1 should still work fine. You seem to be caught in a rather unfortunate loop as it seems. Sorry for the inconvenience. Normally you just have to select the DK1 in the config app, and then all is well again with a DK1.

Apparently the configuration app crashes for some reason when it is launched though. Please try to open the config app from the start menu directly.

If that doesn’t help, please try to reboot and reinstall vorpX afterwards.

If that still doesn’t help, please send a mail to support |at| vorpx com.

mondo50m
    Participant

Can I get a link to download the original VORPX? I bought it several months ago, but it has been working flawlessly since.

Milt

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please send a mail to support |at| vorpx com and we try to find a solution.

mondo50m
    Participant

I found my program and uninstalled and re-installed about 6 times and it finally worked. I am sorry I got upset, but there should be a better solution than just email support. Or, maybe, you should give the owner of the program the option to upgrade or not. It was a pain!!

Milt

Ralf
    Keymaster

During the beta updates will be mandatory, everything else would cause a support nightmare. Once vorpX reaches version 1.0, updates will probably become optional.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!