vorpX Video Player Mode

Homepage Forums Technical Support vorpX Video Player Mode

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    saarr
    Participant

after a couple diffrent sbs video i have got only one to show successfully on dk2 while all the other is playing with black screen but they not shown on dk2 at all im using mp-hc x86 nightly

saarr
    Participant

cant edit so after a few test i manage to run all the 3d file on vlc to work but when press on del to open menu config its do nothing

everix1992
    Participant

Yeah, I’m having the exact same problem. I can get videos to hook when using VLC but I can’t get the in-game menu to work so I can’t enable SBS 3D. I can’t get anything to hook at all when using MPC-HC (tried x86 and x64), even after resetting all settings and re-applying the game optimizer settings.

Graphics Cards: GTC 970 x 2 (SLI)
    Drivers: 358.78
    VLC: 2.2.1 w/ OpenGL Output
    MPC-HC: 1.7.9 x86 w/ EVR Custom Renderer

I also uninstalled all video codecs (was previously using K-Lite) to see if that would change anything, but it did not.

Let me know if I can provide any more information to help look into this issue.

Comgenie
    Participant

Put the hotkey on a different key (I use numlock) and the menu works.

It seems that the Video player feature is a bit hit/miss when it works (even when trying the same file). When it doesn’t work: DK2 stays off, amber light, webcam light does turn on.
    I noticed that it usually doesn’t work after opening a video, quickly after another video was closed. Restarting Vorpx (Quit option in tray) usually seems to fix it.

Windows 10 64 bit
    NVidia 780 GTX (Not at home atm so can’t see the driver version)
    Oculus runtime 0.7
    VLC Player (latest version), I’ve applied the tweaks in the Vorpx control panel

PS, When it does work: It is amazing! Already watched a few 3d movies with Vorpx :)

Ralf
    Keymaster

One issue with windowed apps like video players is that it’s easy to loose mouse/keyboard focus on the window. Many of the “menu does not show” cases are probably related to that. Make sure to click into the player window, so that it has mouse focus.

MPC-HC: please make sure that ideally you download the latest nightlies from the MPC-HC website, it contains a small addition for vorpX that allows for better data exchange between both players.

For both VLC and MPC-HC please also make sure to apply the vorpX Game Optimizer setting in the vorpX config app.

Comgenie
    Participant

The [Delete] button as hotkey does not work with VLC player for me, even if the window is correctly focussed. I’ve tested it multiple times. Changing it to [Num Lock] made it so that it works with my VLC Player. Maybe VLC Player already uses this hot key for something else and stops it from processing in vorpx?

An addition for when the Video Player feature does not work: The screen in VLC Player stays black, but the video plays (Audio is there). The Oculus Webcam light turns on, but the DK2 light stays amber.

I’ve not tried MPC-HC yet. But I’ve used the vorpX Game optimizer for VLC Player.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Did you apply the Game Optimizer Setting in the vorpX config app for VLC?

It sets the output to OpenGL, which is the preferred mode. If OpenGL does not work for you for some reason, you could try to select the DirectX video output in the VLC video options.

everix1992
    Participant

I installed the latest x86 nightly build and everything is working for MPC-HC now. I also re-bound the in-game menu button for VLC and everything is work there.

On a separate note, great job on the Virtual Cinema Ralf. Picture quality is as good, if not better than the best VR video players out there and the Lounge environment looks really good!

BigPickles
    Participant

thanks Comgenie that’s fixed my vlc issues now i am as happy as a pig in mud

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!