(VorpX & Virtual Desktop) OR Only 1 or Other

Homepage Forums Technical Support (VorpX & Virtual Desktop) OR Only 1 or Other

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tantrumus
    Participant

Quest 2 owner.

Purchased VD and VorpX

Sideloaded the VD VR patch through guides.

Once I got my wifi6 router going and successfully connected my thought was to fire up VD and everything good.

Then started Cyberpunk and what happens is VorpX starts it’s stream, and at the same time VD does it’s stream.

I like VORPX offerings far better and am a bit confused as performance was terrible once I minimized the VD stream since it seems that the GPU has to process both feeds now.

Am I missing something? Do you have to use VD’s stream instead of VorpX while using VD? Or is there a way to direct the stream of video to only VorpX minus VD?

For example when Cyberpunk started I had the VorpX Cinema environment and screen showing BEHIND the VD monitor at same time both displaying Cyberpunk.

Ogrescar
    Participant

I don’t own a Quest 2 but it sounds like you don’t have your client set to SteamVR in the vorpx config app. VD is the only component capable of streaming; there is no such a thing as a Vorpx stream. The output from Vorpx to SteamVR will captured by VD and sent to your headset.

At least that’s my understanding of how it works, not being a Quest 2 owner.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!