Vorpx will not render to DK2 in Skyrim

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Vorpx will not render to DK2 in Skyrim

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    magnus357
    Participant

Ok.

I’m running windows 7 x64 with a Nvidia GTX 560 Ti.

I can’t get VorpX to render to the DK2. I’ve tried all modes of DK2 extended (both as main and not as main), I’ve tried direct, but still no luck.

Everything just goes to my main monitor.

The only time I got anything on the DK2 was when I ran it as a solo monitor, but it was not rendering in 3D. It was a single image and not centered for the DK2 and there was no tracking.

Best I can tell, VorpX does not tell Skyrim is running. I’ve tried making a custom shortcut through the control panel object straight to the TESV.exe, but still no luck.

Any ideas?

Ralf
    Keymaster

This indeed sounds like something preventing vorpX from hooking into the game. Please check whether there is a d3d9.dll present in your Skyrim folder. Might be there from a so called ENB mod for example. Remove it if you find one.

There are more things that can block vorpX. If you haven’t done so already please go through the trouble shooting guide in the documentation.

magnus357
    Participant

So, I’ve run through the troubleshooting completely and checked my Skyrim folder, but still no love.

I did uninstall the Nvidia 3D driver and hoped that helped, but nothing changed.

I’ve completely wiped and reinstalled Skyrim fresh. Nothing. Skyrim starts on my main screen and there’s no VorpX menu.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please send a screenshot of the processes tab of your task manager showing all running processes to support |at| vorpx com . Maybe we can spot something you overlooked. Skyrim is definitely not known to cause such issues regularly, this almost certainly is a local issue.

Along with it please also send your vorpx.log after trying to launch the game a few times. The logfile can be found in your temp folder. Usually C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\temp

This will be looked into tomorrow. It’s very late here already, also Sunday.

Did you try other games BTW?

magnus357
    Participant

Ralf,

Your support has been excellent. I really appreciate the time you take on these forums. Please don’t think I don’t appreciate what you do.

I’m not a novice to running experimental software, so I’m sort of flummoxed here. I’m sure you’re correct that it’s a local issue.

I’ve seen the screenshot and log to your support email.

I’m not currently setup to test other games. I’ll review the list of approved games and see if I have any to test.

magnus357
    Participant

Ok.

I messed with this a while longer. I attempted to remove all services that Ralf said to, but no dice.

So I decided to format and reinstall.

With the bare minimum of software installed, I was able to get it to work. It was some issue on my side.

The Windows process/service environment is extremely complex. If you can’t get VorpX to hook after working through all the troubleshooting steps, I would look to a format and reinstall.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!