vorpx with oculus go?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion vorpx with oculus go?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    slydog43
    Participant

when streaming works better with the go (like bigscreen, alvr, riftcat etc) can vorpx be used to stream games to the go? I think this could be huge. Thanks ralf for a great program!!!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Without having a tried it, a streaming app that can stream SteamVR games (with vorpX in SteamVR mode) should be enough for that. IIRC Trinus can do that, not sure though whether that supports the Go.

Brendon
    Participant

I’ve tried it. It works pretty well with Vorpx and Riftcat. Just need a decent pc and a decent router.

fugazi
    Participant

If you have a go I recommend ALVR.
    ALVR uses asynchronous timewarp so the tracking is so much better than trinus.

blueshark747
    Participant

Occulus Go isn’t even 6DOF….so…

fugazi
    Participant

Occulus Go isn’t even 6DOF….so…

So… what?
    6 dof is not precisely the most outstanding feature of Vorpx games.
    Few games support it and in those that do it, the utility does not go beyond mere curiosity.
    I play vorpX, as I suppose many, sitting in a couch with a gamepad or in a chair in front of the PC with kb/mouse, in both cases, 6 dof make little sense.

In fact, I also have a VIVE, and I will tell you that I prefer the Oculus Go to the VIVE for my vorpX gaming sessions.
    Better visuals and untethered, make the Go a better device than the VIVE for Vorpx gaming.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Better visuals and untethered, make the Go a better device than the VIVE for Vorpx gaming.

Is there a way to tether the GO to PC? or must it be wireless? I’ve heard the battery life is only 1.5 hours, is this true?

Cool to hear vorpX can work. Can you use mouse and keyboard with the GO? I imagine so if it’s just streaming your PC.

I’d be curious to hear if any Pimax4k owners have tried the GO and how it compares SDE/resolution wise.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!