VorpX wont hook into any game

Homepage Forums Technical Support VorpX wont hook into any game

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    celticspike
    Participant

so I just built a new system,
    and installed and registered Vorpx again but it wont work.
    any game I try just instantly comes up with that “failed to hook” window.
    trying with games that worked perfectly fine on previous system.

the Vorpx Desktop viewer works perfectly fine so its not an issue with linking to SteamVR

please help

Ralf
    Keymaster

You can find anything that I could reply to your question in the pinned trouble shooting post on top of this sub forum.

celticspike
    Participant

Yeah none of that helps.
    this is a clean windows install and nothing is installed that was not there on my previous system and I never had an issue with Vorpx.
    I have tried reinstalling it but to no avail.

celticspike
    Participant

its so weird too. I have been using VorpX a long time now so I know what it looks like when it can’t hook into a game.
    but now it does not even try, as soon as I launch a game it instantly displays the “failed hook” window. It does not even attempt to hook into a game.
    just instantly fails

Ralf
    Keymaster

If nothing works at all, there almost certainly is something getting in the way. if you happen to use any other antivirus than Windows Defender, get rid of it. Regardless whether it played nice on your prior system or not. If you have any tools/utilities running in the background, try without. Regardless whether they played nice on your prior system or not.

celticspike
    Participant

my apologies Raif.
    turns out I am a bloody moron who forgot he configured steam to always run as administrator 2 days ago.
    once I removed that games are hooking again.
    Well except for RE7 but I found other threads around that specific issue.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Glad you found the culprit.

On a sidenote: didn’t running vorpX as admin help in that case? It should normally. That’s one of the one-click trouble shoot options directly shown in the ‘can’t hook’-dialog.

celticspike
    Participant

yeah I thought that too and I had tried that but it didn’t work

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!