Vorpx wont start after upgrade to19.1.0

Homepage Forums Technical Support Vorpx wont start after upgrade to19.1.0

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    John Heaton
    Participant

Hi
    Since the upgrade Vorpx wont start. I use Avast and have re-established Vorpxcontrol.exe as an exclusion but even after disabling avast av or uninstalling avast vorpx config or vorpx itself wont start. They appear for a second or two when i look at tasks in taskmanager but then dissappear (windows 7 64 bit)

It may be relevant but just before the upgrade I installed uplay and Far Cry4 which automatically updated direct x

Ralf
    Keymaster

Almost certainly a virus scanner issue. Avast is a well known candidate for problems. Please try to disable/uninstall it for testing purposes.

Some AV scanners make it purposefully hard to disable them fully. You may have to disable several modules for example, so uninstalling is the only way to ensure they are out of the way unfortunately.

I would suggest to switch to Windows Defender, which provides excellent protection without being as invasive as some other scanners. If you don’t want to do that, please report the issue to your AV vendor, they might have to whitelist every new vorpX version.

FILOUF1
    Participant

Hi guys!
    I have the same problem… vorpx doesn’t work with the new upgrade(vr driver control error)

Ralf
    Keymaster

The same answer as above applies.

RJK_
    Participant

Hello everybody, please look into the folder where vorpx.ini is located. Check if there is a file called vorpxcontrol.ini.old. Temporarily rename or delete that file and report back if it helps. Thanks

Ralf
    Keymaster

I could replicate the issue on Windows 7 with the file you sent me. No problem with Windows 10, on Windows 7 however updating the new ini with data from the old seems to fail. Extremely odd, the reason for that has still to be determined, but removing the file manually will help.

Hopefully Valve/Oculus will ditch Windows 7 soon for VR, far too much extra hassle for the remaining 3% percent of Windows 7 users among VR headset owners.

Please leave this as the final reply here, so that the step-by-step instructions below can be found easily. Thanks for your help!

To fix the issue:

1. Navigate to C:\ProgramData\Animation Labs\vorpX
    2. Delete vorpControl.ini.old

vorpControl.ini.old might show as vorpControl.ini if you don’t have file extensions enabled in Windows-Explorer

The C:\ProgramData\ folder is hidden per default by Windows. Enable “Show hidden files” in Windows Explorer if you can’t see it.

Alternatively you can delete the whole ‘C:\ProgramData\Animation Labs’ folder and reinstall vorpX afterwards.

FILOUF1
    Participant

THANK YOU VERY MUCH RALF!
    VORPX WORKS

Yohaskan
    Participant

I have same issue, and this fix (delete Delete vorpControl.ini.old) change nothing
    :(

Ralf
    Keymaster

If deleting the vorpControl.ini.old does not help, it might be a virus scanner issue. Please try to disable it for testing.

If that helps, exclude the vorpX program folder from scanning.

Ralf
    Keymaster

If deleting the vorpControl.ini.old does not help, it might be a virus scanner issue. Please try to disable it for testing.

If that helps, exclude the vorpX program folder from scanning.

InsomniakDev
    Participant

I also needed to remove “Profiles.vpd.old” if that helps anyone

Yohaskan
    Participant

I have deleted the other files, just keep “clouduser.ini” and another one…
    and it’s works now

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!