VorpX wont start up after update

Homepage Forums Technical Support VorpX wont start up after update

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jafarfromafar
    Participant

i tried to start up vorpX and it said downloading update so i thought cool there might be some new features for me to use finally after ages because my internet is slow it said something like vorpX is configuring then it said rolling back and then turned off so i thought cool its done so i look in the system tray and boom nothing i try again and same result so i used configure vorpX and then clicked apply on something so it came up with downloading update rolling back changes and nothing please help me with this thanks
    -Zac
    ps(i use a dk2)

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please do a fresh install using the web installer that you got when you purchased vorpX. If you didn’t keep it, send an e-mail to support |at| vorpx com.

milinks
    Participant

I’ve also updated and getting the init failed fault now constantly. Is there any way that I can roll back the update to something that will actually work with my DK2 on 0.8. It just seems that DK2 owners are being abandonded by all now CV1 and 1.3 are out. Bearing in mind it was due to guys owning the DK2 that made the CV1 reality. Personally, I think it stinks that we’ve forked out a fortune for the development unit, and are now being forced to into getting the CV1. So how can i roll back vorpx please?

Ralf
    Keymaster

You need the latest Oculus runtime 1.3 for the new vorpX version. Neither vorpX nor any other future Oculus software will work with beta runtimes.

https://www.oculus.com/en-us/setup/

milinks
    Participant

The issue being, my graphics card will not support, for some reason the 1.3 update. I own a DK2 unit, and vorpx has worked flawlessly with my DK2 on 0.8 and before. When i bought vorpx, there was no mention of it being inopperable when the CV1 and related runtime was released. I can’t afford a new graphics card, so i’ve bought a product that is now useless. Catch 22. So how do I get a refund for my vorpx as its no longer fit for purpose upon when i bought it. I suppose I could put the refund towards saving up for a new graphics card. But seriously how do I apply for a refund?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please send an e-mail to support |at| vorpx com.

sponge101
    Participant

@Ralf I sent an email to support three days ago asking for a download link to Vorpx because I had to uninstall because every time I tried to use it it would just keep downloading. There have been no response yet. May I ask for your help. Thank you. The email starts with “Sponge”.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Did you check the support FAQ?

I purchased vorpX before and need another download link.

Please request a new download link here.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!